PDA

View Full Version : Anything for a Disney Trip

Lacy
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I recently volunteered to give a presentation at a conference because a co-worker who is the primary person on the project could not attend. Why would I so graciously volunteer for a public speaking gig? For a trip to Disneyland of course! I didn't even think twice about offering to give a presentation that I'm not currently working on as soon as I learned that the conference was in Irvine, CA.

I just made my reservations and can't wait for my trip in May. It made me wonder what other Intercotees have agreed to for a Disney trip?

BrerGnat
03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey, I live in Irvine! When are you coming down?

I'd have volunteered too! Anything for a Disney fix. :D

Ed
03-26-2011, 11:30 PM
In a previous occupation, before I moved to Florida, I was "required" to attend a multi-day conference in Clearwater every February. (Hey - dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! :D ) My employer even picked up the tab for my wife to accompany me. We always managed to tack on a few days at the end of the conference to visit The World before making the drive back home. :mickey:

Lacy
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Ed ~ An annual conference in Clearwater sounds like quite the difficult task on many accounts :thumbsup:

BrerGnat ~ The conference is in the middle of May. It would be fun to meet up with a fellow Intercotee!

mouseketeer mom
03-27-2011, 08:02 AM
This is what my DH does for me...he is invited to conferences all of the time as a speaker...he will pick many of the Orlando ones, even if he isn't that interested in the conference itself..! Last summer we had three back to back Disney trips, first WDW, then DL, then WDW again. These conference brought us to Disney more times then not!!!

BrerGnat
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Ed ~ An annual conference in Clearwater sounds like quite the difficult task on many accounts :thumbsup:

BrerGnat ~ The conference is in the middle of May. It would be fun to meet up with a fellow Intercotee!

Lacy, PM me with your trip dates, and we'll try to arrange a meet!