PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Seating Question

merlinmagic4
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Hello :mickey:

I remember reading about a new counter service seating policy where a cast member directs you to a table AFTER you have your food. Are they doing this in the parks now? We are traveling during one of the busiest weeks of the year and are eating mainly counter service. I find it incredibly stressful to try and find a table. I'd love to know which restaurants (if any) are using this policy because I will be eating there!!

ldc12377
03-26-2011, 03:58 PM
The only one I know for sure doing this is Pinocchio Village Haus in MK but they have been doing it for two years.

ElenitaB
03-26-2011, 06:00 PM
The restaurant that was being discussed in that long thread the OP seems to be referring to, was Pecos Bill's in the MK.

Pop Centurion
03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Last year during Labor Day weekend, Cosmic Rays was the busiest I've ever experienced in all of my trips. They didn't actually direct us to a seat but they did direct everyone entering straight to the food lines & wouldn't let family members break away to go reserve a table. So everyone had to wait until they got their food to find a seat which was non-existent.

BowTie7
03-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Note with Pecos Bill's the seating continues on and on all the back to the Adventureland counter service location that's usually closed. I like to go to the far sections that are usually less crowded and have table with chairs with backs.

magicalmom
03-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I suppose there's a trade-off, because the lines at the counters would get really crowded if everyone had to stand in them. But at the same time, it's really annoying to be unable to find seats while one person holds a whole empty table for folks who got in line after we did.

I would expect that if anybody could make a no table-holding system work well for the maximum number of people it would be Disney, if they were interested in figuring it out.

(Incidentally, the problem is certainly worse on rainy days, when outdoor seating areas are not an option.)

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
In some of the busier restaurants I think this may be a good idea.

CanadaLovesDisney
03-30-2011, 10:58 AM
We did not experience this in February. But we don't go to pinnochio Haus (not our taste) so we can't speak on that particular restaurant!

Jared
03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
I ate at Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbour House this past weekend, and this policy was not in effect. Both times, somebody in my group found a table while others waited to order food. I think Disney only utilizes this seating system during the busiest time, which I think is completely appropriate.

RedSoxFan
03-30-2011, 09:39 PM
During our 12/10 trip; it only happened once at Pecos Bill.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I do have mixed thoughts on this. I know that with small kids waiting in line is difficult. I have also been in a situation where I had my tray of food and there were no seats available and many individuals "saving" tables for others still in line. I thought that if they would just wait until they have food then there would be no reason to save the seats. Like I said, I can see both sides of this issue.

merlinmagic4
04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the input! I'm really, really dreading our mealtimes during the week before Easter. I wish we were eating more table service but we're not. I will never forget waiting for a table one time while my husband went into line. I was watching for him to be close and trying to find a table that would likely be done by then. I waited by the wall near a table for about 20 minutes. When the people got up, this woman who had been saving two tables the whole time I was waiting ran over and grabbed that table, too. I couldn't believe it!! I just don't like stuff like that. A cast member actually helped me and my family out at that point, thankfully :mickey: