PDA

View Full Version : Pool hopping?

Georgesgirl1
03-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I know that as a DVC member, I can pool hop to most of the pools on property minus a few of the most popular ones, but what do I show to do this? Is it my Key to the World or my DVC member card or can it be either? I am asking because we may be going camping at Disney this summer, but we may camp off property. We will not be using DVC points for this trip no matter what. Is it against the rules to use our pool hopping privleges if we are not staying on property and/or not using DVC points to stay?

DizneyRox
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Im fairly certain you need to be staying on points.

They can check your KttW card to verify that.

DonLefNY
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Im fairly certain you need to be staying on points.

DizneyRox is correct, you must be staying on your points to pool hop, subject to restrictions on the DVC member site.

Georgesgirl1
03-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks y'all! I thought that was the case, but wanted to check. We have never used that "perk" so I wasn't sure.

jonahbear2006
04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
That I did not know. Im sorry, but with all due respect, that is unfair. DVC members pay their dues and their morgage and if they are there and NOT on points that means they are giving disney MORE money, on top of their morgage. Their perks should be valid regardless of whether or not they have decided to use points that particular trip. Revoking them because they didn't use their points seems like they are punishing the very people they want to keep happy and for such a petty perk? Why even bother? They pay for an address at a specific resort, it seems to me that dvc members should be at home everyday that they show up there.

DizneyRox
04-12-2011, 07:30 AM
You're really owner for as long as your points are good for. I'm having trouble with a good comparison, but it would be like you bringing ALL your garbage to work to throw out. Sortof...

dlpmikki
04-12-2011, 09:05 AM
DVC are not revoking a perk - the perk comes with conditions that are made clear on the member website:

Whenever you are staying on your Membership at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, or The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, you and any Guests staying with you, are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity.

ThanxForNoticin
04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Agreed. DVC members can use pool-hopping privileges at Disney while they are staying there as DVC members or guests - that is using points for the stay. If I'm down for an extra trip and paying cash for a room at the Holiday Inn or even onsite at the Pop Century, I'm not there as a DVC quest, so I'm not eligible for DVC pool-hopping at Disney.

faline
04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
That I did not know. Im sorry, but with all due respect, that is unfair.

I don't consider this unfair. If this were allowed and if I were a DVC owner and lived in Florida, it would mean I could just pop on over to a Disney property every time I felt like hanging out at the pool for a while - that wouldn't seem fair to me.

jonahbear2006
04-13-2011, 12:53 AM
so if you are dvc and live in florida, can you make a reservation at a restaurant that offers dvc discount and still recieve a discount, eating at that restaurant even when you are not staying on points? Bc that really isnt any different because what Disney saying by this is that being DVC really doesn't mean anything. You buying DVC doesnt mean this is "home" to you, like they sell it to be, because if it is, then it shouldn't matter. You should be treated as a DVC member when you are checked in and when you are not checked in. Those perks should not disappear when you check out, imho. I can understand if the pool is at capacity, during the summer, to card people and ask dvc members to please not over crowd the pools but I couldnt see kicking a dvc member out of a pool bc they arent checked in on points. they are STILL a dvc member. Just sayin. thats the way i feel it should work if they really wanted you to feel like you own an address at disney.

dlpmikki
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm going to close this topic as the OP has had the answer and I don't want it to degenerate into a discussion about whether perks are fair or not.