PDA

View Full Version : Picking a week next spring

Meteora
03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone!
After years of being constrained by school vacations, my family and I can finally pick whatever week we want to take off next spring. We're taking a trip to the Bahamas the second week of January, and I would like at least a month in between that and my next vacation week so that my employers don't think I'm ridiculous. We would really like to avoid crowds (of course), but we also would like nice weather to the greatest extent possible. I just got back from a trip last week, and while the weather was gorgeous, the crowds were quite high. We'd like to avoid spring break next year, if possible.

Any suggestions? We would appreciate any help.

faline
03-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Early to mid-May has always been a lovely time to visit Disney World.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-25-2011, 11:37 AM
:ditto: We've loved our early May trips!

Momto3littlemice
03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
We've been twice in early May. The first time ( in 2007) was stifling hot... in the mid to high 90s every day. Not what we bargained for! The second time was in the mid to high 80s and was lovely. Crowds were good.

So, May is good - but you could get some pretty hot weather depending on the year!:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
03-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Another vote for early May! Easter is on April 8th next year, and in 2007 we went when Easter was around that same time. Our travel dates were April 27 to May 4th (Friday to Friday). It was beautiful weather! Low humidity! Momto3littlemice, perhaps we were there the week before you? And the crowds were definitely manageable. I think most of the spring break crowds had cleared out by then. Good luck!

Strmchsr
03-25-2011, 12:33 PM
After hearing how great early May is, I went the last 2 years and found it really hot (low to mid 90s) and crowds a good bit bigger than I expected, so I think crowds are on the rise during that time. But, crowds seem bigger at every time of the year. You just have to go with the flow and enjoy it no matter what.

Meteora
03-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks so much everyone! We are officially looking into the last week of April/first week of May. This year we went during spring break, and in previous years we have gone Easter week and Christmas week, so we know how to deal with crowds. Anything even a bit less than what we're used to would be a treat.