PDA

View Full Version : My Character Breakfasts

spinnerf
03-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Just returned and did some character breakfast dining, a few reviews.

Cape May Cafe - food was pretty basic breakfast fare for disney, nothing really stood out, we had Minnie, Goofy and Donald, that was it. As always - expensive $85 for 2 adults 1 chils with tip.

Crystal Palace - For some reason I always find the food here just a little bit better, they have an egg frittata w vegetables that is pretty good, plus be sure to grab some of the kiddie french toast, like a zeppole with cinnamon. Standard characters and cost. Again in the $80 range w tip.

OHana - My favorite, the nice thing here is that the food is brought to you, so there is no chance of missing characters because you are up getting food. 1st a plate of fruit for the table, followed by a skillet of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon. Then Mickey waffles or served. Of course you see LIlo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto.

Garden Grove - we went her because it was a little less expensive was about $65 for 2 adults and 1 child. Service was HORRIBLE, we were seated and told they had run out of high chairs. We have and 11 month old and the restaurant was only at 50% capacity. Waited for high chair, then went to get breakfast, they ran out of plates, so i used a bowl, went back 15 minutes later, still no plates. These people are not Disney employees and it shows, the host never smiled, and frequently I saw her taking deep sighs and looking at her watch. I would not recommend this and I will not return.

TooJays (off property) - you may want to look this up, its on Dr Phillips Drive. Fantastic fresh food and we ate for $25 with tip. (No Mickey).

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
thanks for the reviews

PrettyMinnie
03-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the reviews, glad you had some good character meals even if you were less than thrilled with Garden Grove.