PDA

View Full Version : Bike riding at Vero

mouseketeer mom
03-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I believe Vero beach resort rents bikes, am I right on that? Are there paths or quiet streets to ride? I remember at Disney's Hilton Head resort it was limited riding within the resort, and the rest of riding was done on the streets (some busy) outside of the resort. Is it the same at Vero?

drjny
03-27-2011, 09:53 PM
When my family and I went in August 2010, we rented bikes and went on the recommended path (sketched on a paper they gave us). It started by going west through the tunnel under the main road (A1A). On a map, the bike path is roughly a large rectangle that starts and ends at this tunnel on the west side of A1A. The route starts on the sidewalk heading south for 2.2 miles. Then it turned right (west) down another sidewalk on Old Winter Beach Road for 0.7 miles. Another right turn (north) leads to Jungle Trail, a hard packed dirt road that runs along the Indian river for 2.6 miles. Another right turn (east) leads to CR 510 for 0.5 miles which has only has a sidewalk for part of the route. A final right turn (south) leads to A1A for the last 0.2 miles which leads back to the tunnel to return to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. The entire route is about 6.2 miles long and takes about 45 minutes.