PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys

dbright
03-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I'd love to hear from others that have used Magical Journeys to book their Disney visits. Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly!

Thanks!

KylesMom
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
One thing that does not go together is MJ and ugly.

They've been booking our vacation for many years, and I couldn't want nor expect anything more from my TA. If you do an INTERCOT search on MJ, you'll find many, many posts of why we all support them and constantly rave about how they've saved us time, money and aggravation. Terrisue is my family's agent, and I truly can't imagine trying to book my own room again, trying to sort through what's available, what discounts apply to what days of the week, etcetera :thumbsup: In short, they're nothing but spectacular. :mickey:

Here's a great link to read:

Why Magical Journeys? (http://www.intercot.com/DISCUSSION/showthread.php?t=177302&highlight=Why+Magical+Journeys%3F)

dbright
03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Awesome, Carol...that's what I was hoping to hear!

Disney4us2
03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Magical Journeys are the best. :thumbsup:

Kathy has been wonderful with all my nervous nell requests. She has really gone out of her way to help. With my upcoming spring break trip she helped coordinate travel for DD and me as well as our friends who will be sharing a room. I am in Ca and my friends are from Nebraska.

If I book a trip now other than DVC, I will be going back with Magical Journeys.

Strmchsr
03-24-2011, 04:31 PM
:ditto: I've used MJ for 7 straight years now and it doesn't get any better. Nothing bad to say about them at all. It's WAY better than booking through Disney or any other TA.

BrerGnat
03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
No bad. No ugly.

Just GOOD! :thumbsup:

MJ is great. We've used Debbie twice now.

I can't recommend them enough.

disneymom15
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Ditto on the "no bad, no ugly" just great. We've used Terrisue for several years now, and she's awsome.

wildernesslady
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
They are only GOOD. Debbie was our agent for our Oct. trip and she was extremely helpful. We own DVC so cannot use them every time; but for the other trips I definitely will.

RedSoxFan
03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
No complaints here. Terrisue is awesome!!

Dedivah
03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm using Denise @ MJ and I love them. I'm travelling in a large group and have had more changes that I can imagine. All I do is email Denise and she's right there to set it straight until the next time I have to change something agiain. :blush:

Use them, you won't be disappointed.

Even if you are a control freak like I am.

DisneyNut6777
03-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Awesome is the only word that comes to mind. DW and I have driven down for the past 2 years from TN, and Kathy at MJ has always come as close to perfect as one could... Keeps us updated on any deals that comes out, lets us know of any issues with WDW. Definately a straight player. MJ is the way to go for this Disney Nutt. :mickey:

Melanie
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Gotta give Wendy some love. She takes care of me all the time! Magical Journeys rocks! :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I always did all of my own bookings. That can get frustrating at times. Plus I will never know now if I missed any discounts.
For our trip in September, 2009, we used Denise at MJ. She is very friendly and helpful, and was able to make a few changes for us.
She got us some great deals, and saved me the frustration.
We are now DVC members, but will not hesitate to use MJ again for a non DVC vacation, and will heartily recommend MJ for anyone who needs to plan a trip.

faline
03-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Bad and ugly do not belong in the same sentence with Magical Journeys! There's nothihng but good! I'm sure you'll be very happy with Magical Journeys!!

HoosierDisneyFan
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
One thing to keep in mind that most people on INTERCOT are WDW veterans. Most (all?) would agree that MJ is the way to go. No downside.

ryca1dreams
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I did our first few trips on my own and it was always a pain. MJ takes away that pain and makes the whole experience pleasant and personal (thanks Karen).

We have not been back in a few years, but when we decide to return we will definitely use Magical Journeys.

Dsnygirl
03-24-2011, 08:28 PM
No bad, no ugly... all good!! :thumbsup: We've used MJ for all our trips except our first one, and after that mishap we learned quickly!! Their service is exceptional... I don't think anyone I know e-mails me back as fast as Deb, the MJ agent I use. They're wonderful, and so patient with all the questions that get thrown at them... and they work 24/7 it seems when specials come out, converting all their current clients into whatever new special fits their ressie, often while the rest of us are still asleep! I've woken up to find an e-mail from Deb saving me quite a bit of money, b/c a special was announced before I was even out of bed... :D

So -- I'd definitely give them a go... and you're supporting Intercot when you do, as well!! :cool:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Can't think of any uglies....

Goods...they will search out the best deal for you and if you book and a new special comes out that will save you money they'll make sure you get that deal. I got a nearly $400 refund last time because Karen had Disney apply a discount for me.:joy:

illini
03-25-2011, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't even think about booking without MJ. Debbie is the BEST. Emailed her last night to tell her I wanted to add the DDP if it was still possible. Awoke to an email from last night saying it was along with a new confirmation with it already added-- all by 6:30am! Always prompt, reliable, and very good humored, the last of which is a necessity when dealing with me and my multiple changes. You won't be disappointed.

PetefromRI
03-25-2011, 10:36 AM
The best!!!!

joonyer
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Magical Journeys. They're G R E A A A A A A T!
We've used them for every trip except our first one. and we'll never book another WDW trip without them.

Tygger7
03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I'll echo what everyone has already said...no bad, no ugly, just GREAT. I was a die-hard "do it yourself" planner until I started using Terrisue at MJ. I will never book a Disney vacation without using Magical Journeys!

dbright
03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Everyone! I've already exchanged several emails with Kathy. ANd you're all right...quick, almost immediate, communication which I love!!!

FenwayGirl
03-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I am using MJ for the first time for my upcoming May trip. Denise is my TA and she is spectacular. We have made many changes and actually were able to use a free dining PinCode@ All of these changes were done quickly and with a smile. I have been to WDW more times than I can count and I dont think I will ever do the planning again:mickey:

PopPhan
03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
MJ is great! Denise has been our agent, with Kathy as her backup, and we have never had any concerns.

Kind of feel bad because we don't have a trip planned for this year, so we can't trade emails! Your MJ agent almost becomes a part of your extended family!!

mickeefan
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Bad and ugly is not part of the vocabulary.
They are the best . Wendy has been handling all our reservations since,I believe, 2002 and a total of 13 trips. She is the greatest and I would not even think of going without her making our reservations.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-25-2011, 08:08 PM
We have been so pleased with Terrisue that my wife and I have each gotten co-workers to use her.
They were equally pleased. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
03-25-2011, 10:14 PM
We used MJ last year for the first time and loved them. Denise helped make all kinds of changes for us. So when we booked this year we had no problem using them again, even when we had to cancel and rebook the trip due to my CP surgrey on my wrist Denise did it all with no problems.

The only downside is they can't make the time for your trip come any faster. :)

AllDisney
03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
They are wonderful to work with:thumbsup:

Mousehead35
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't book without them! They are awesome :number1:

chrisie703
03-27-2011, 03:03 AM
LOVE MJ. If you are already booked & a better deal comes up they will get it for you, you don't even have to ask, they will contact you and tell you how much money you just saved. No other TA that I know of will do that.
I usually research & book all of my vacations myself, but when ever I go to Disney I always use MJ.

My only complaint might be that I don't get my requested rooms, which I know are not guaranteed, but my TA says that her clients usually get their requests. I never do. I know that's not her fault, but she shouldn't say that her clients get their requests, when she doesn't know if they do. She has never asked me if I got my request. Maybe I should call her when I don't, and she can get it for me. I don't know. No offense to MJ, I know that room requests are not guaranteed.

I still love MJ and will always use them.

KEYONNAH
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I love Terri sue!!!!

Sweetpea29488
03-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Nothing but good here. Love working with Denise:thumbsup:

magicman
03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
GOOD
- Magical Journeys folks are EXTREMELY knowledgeable
- Magical Journeys is very responsive
- Wendy has done a great job with our trips
- The ultimate test of good is that we will definitely continue to book through magical journeys

UGLY (These definitely don't qualify as 'ugly', but I would say):
- I don't care for having to fill out the on-line questionnaire prior to getting an initial contact/consultation. (Again, this is just a minor thing as it seems that this is a very common business practice.)
- Magical Journeys doesn't book airfare

Poohshoneypot
03-28-2011, 09:07 PM
no bad
no ugly

JUST AWESOME!!!

Love Melissa....she's great.:thumbsup:

DunkieKong
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Using MJ was the best decision I ever made about booking a Disney trip.

Karen = Best thing since sliced bread.

TracyL
03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Melissa is my MJ agent and I love her! Great that she is able to book a reservation for me, then go back and apply discounts as they come available. She's always on top of my needs. I can just flip her a quick email to say when I'm going and where I want to stay, and she handles all the details. Fantastic!

Dopey's Girl
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Bad and ugly do not= MJ! I have been booking trips with Wendy since 2005, and won't ever go back to DIY trip planning again! She's so efficient, and just a joy to work with! When I don't have a trip in the works, I miss talking to her!

I'm the Disney trip pro @ my work, and I refer everyone who wants to plan to Wendy and MJ. They are just the best!

mook3y
03-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Friends of friends have booked through them at this point!

Just had a PHD professor from my university tell me how amazing Wendy was and thanked me for the recommendation.

you can't go wrong with MJ! :D:number1::thumbsup:

conan617
03-30-2011, 12:32 AM
One thing to keep in mind that most people on INTERCOT are WDW veterans. Most (all?) would agree that MJ is the way to go. No downside.

I'm not a veteran really (I've been to WDW when I was a kid with my parents), but for my first trip as an adult with two little ones, I used MJ and I am absolutely thrilled with them. Debbie is off the charts awesome!!! I ask question after question after question after question and she takes it all in stride.

I am a person that needs to have control over the little details and it was tough letting someone else help, but I am thrilled that Debbie got our Magic booked. She found me a better deal than I was able to find and she helped to notify the resort of my DS's birthday.

I'll sum it up by saying - if you don't use Magical Journeys - your are going to pay to much and will worry about needless items that clutter the time you should be spending on dreaming of the Magic.

Have a great Trip!:mickey:

JakeontheCob
03-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Just another MJ user chiming in. I have used them for all 5 of our trips and love Melissa's attention to detail. They will help you out tremendously.

I have referred many other people their way and have never had anyone experience anything but solid help from MJ on their trips.

One other thing I love is that even after you book your trip, they will keep an eye out for any new potential savings they can get you.

Using MJ is the biggest no brainer I have every Disney trip I plan.

DisneyDoug2
04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
We have MJ (Debbie) for five years now, she is great! Even thought we go every year I ask a ton of questions about different resorts and options and she alway the answers and give her advice! I have also recommended her to friend with good results. You can't go wrong:thumbsup:

Stitchahula
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Wendy has taken care of both my sisters and my self for vacation. Even though my next visit to Disney is through Make a Wish Wendy told she would be happy to help with any question I might have. They do care about if you have a magical experience and I would recommend them to everyone I know without any doubts.:thumbsup:

brivers222
04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
No bad. No ugly.

Just GOOD! :thumbsup:

MJ is great. We've used Debbie twice now.

I can't recommend them enough.

She's got our honeymoon backs this year!

first time i surrendored the power of the booking.... but now its nice to only worry about when my 180+10 booking window comes up lol

AXOAlum
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Most definitely! I met Deb @ MJ back in 06 - after booking my own trips for years (because of course I'm a know-it-all when it comes to booking trips - lol) all it took was one quote from her to save me about $400 off my cheapest deal. THEN - on subsequent trips, if a better deal comes along after we've booked, she goes in and applies the better deal and let's me know about a credit coming my way!

I recommend her EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. to EVERY.SINGLE.BODY!

Plus, she deals with my incessant rambling emails and other nonsense like me trying to book a free dining deal that wasn't exactly "free" after running the numbers. She is forever known to us as Saint Deb - Patron Saint of all Disney Trips! :mickey:

WLfans
04-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Very pleased with their(Kathy) service. Very quick. We had booked through another company with our package. Overall our experience with the other company is slow . Really off what we're used to with the company, especially since we're repeat and have sent others.
Well we decided to go down a day earlier than planned. We needed another night at Disney. The new room only code did not come out. Kathy at Magical Journey was emailed by us and would look out for any codes. Within a day the new code came out. She "held" the room for us till we could commit. Now she knew only within a couple days that we were looking for a room. Great service...I would book my next trip with them.

MushuGrl
04-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Magical Journeys totally takes the stress out of planning the trip - you've got somebody watching your back for deals, and they make it so easy if you want to change something. We use Melissa (hopefully will be e-mailing her soon for a quote, fingers crossed) and she's just a pleasure to deal with. AND you're in the hands of Disney fans as well so they are going to do whatever it takes to help you squeeze the most magic out of your trip!

TiggerDeb
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
We have always booked on our own and this time we decided to use MJ and Karen has been awesome. Answered all my concerns, prompt with responses in e-mails. I think we will be MJ people from now on. 137 days till we are home in the land of magic.:mickey: