PDA

View Full Version : Dining and menus - Dream

slheflin
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Ok, I have just located menus from January aboard the Dream and have to say, I'm disappointed. My family is not into "fancy" - we're pretty meat and potatoes, plain & simple. My husband is very picky and I can't really see anything on any of the dinner menus that he would eat. I know there are alternative pizza/burgers, but we certainly don't want to do that for lunch and dinner.

Can anyone give me encouragement about this? :confused:

iloveokw
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
The dining rooms always have plain salmon or chicken available...Magic/Wonder also has baked potatoes....not sure about Dream.

MarkC
03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Can I ask where you located the menus? I'd love to see what they have to offer. I'm kind of meat and potatoes myself. Thanks.

susie & perla's mom
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Check disneycruise.com ;)

LorrieP
03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
The menus are also on the DCL website and at All Ears Net.

waymickey
03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
I thought the same thing when I saw the menu. Very fancy. Also, My DD is allergic to both seafood and nuts and many of the items have one or the other on it. :(
I was wondering do they allow anyone to order from the kids menu. I like some of their choices better.:blush:

Christine
03-26-2011, 09:08 AM
You can order from whatever menu you'd like, child or adult. I will say we are meat & potato folks & the food was lost on me. "bittered roots" seemed more cruel to serve than gourmet! :D I enjoyed the restaurants theming and such, but I didn't eat much. The good news- I lost two pounds!!

If you leave hungry, head upstairs to Flo's or Mater's Grill for a snack afterwards ;) but still go & try something. You may find you ENJOY pigeon! :D

waymickey
03-26-2011, 09:29 PM
LOL:laughing:

I I think we will go just for desert. No pigeon for me.

Christine
03-27-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL:laughing:

I I think we will go just for desert. No pigeon for me.

You think I'm kidding, but Remy's has pigeon!! :sick:

I think the best meal was Enchanted Garden on NON pirate night. Steak was NORMAL & veggies were in recognizable form!!! :D

waymickey
03-27-2011, 03:17 PM
You think I'm kidding, but Remy's has pigeon!! :sick:

I think the best meal was Enchanted Garden on NON pirate night. Steak was NORMAL & veggies were in recognizable form!!! :D

I did think you were kidding. I will stick with the kids mac and cheese or maybe some soup but no pigeon!

slheflin
03-29-2011, 09:36 AM
If you leave hungry, head upstairs to Flo's or Mater's Grill for a snack afterwards ;) but still go & try something. You may find you ENJOY pigeon! :D

This is what I told hubby he may have to do. We've all looked at the menus and have decided what we'll order at each restaurant. Hubby did see a New York Strip on one of them, so maybe it won't be too bad ;) Um, I think we'll all pass on the pigeon as well. Although my 11 yo son has eaten frog legs and liked them so who knows!