PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks - Crowd Predictions and Strategies

Awesome_guy
03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Hello Intercot,

This one is a two-parter:

1) Once a waterpark re-opens after a yearly lengthy refurb, do you anticipate a spike in attendance? I'd maybe guess local swimmers would hit the waterpark they'd have to live without. We arrive as BB re-opens.....would you think this makes it the "go-to" place to swim?

2) Knowing that, as far as crowds go, the best time to do a waterpark (or anything at WDW) is right at park opening... do you ever do an "afternoon cool-off/swim/break" rather than going to your hotel pool? We plan to do TL early and do it well..... BUT we also know we'll have the WP&M ticket option, staying at Swan/Dolphin would you consider a midday swim at BB just to check it out? My travel partner hasn't seen it. ...is it not worth the trouble of travelling/changing/etc.?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Interesting Questions!

I wouldn't expect a huge spike in attendance. It isn't like they have added anything new, just the annual refresh. There might be a bit larger a crowd, but nothing crazy.

Is is "worth it" for part of an afternoon? I would say no, that once you get there, get changed and actually experience some of the rides, it will take much longer than you planned. Now, if you just wanted to do the wave pool, lazy river ... it might be worth it, but it won't be the relaxing break you get at the hotel pool.

joonyer
03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
We usually purchase the Water Parks & More option, specifically so we can visit the water parks numerous occasions for relatively short periods during our hot weather WDW visits. WE usually visit a them park early (at opening) then after a lunch go back to our hotel change and go to a Water Park for 3-4 hours. The lazy rivers or wave pools are great for cooling off in the heat of the day. Then it's back to our hotel for a rest and change before dinner, then on to a park that's open late. We are park commandos, though. We have to come home to rest up from our WDW vacations. :D

MOJoe
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
The water parks, just like the theme parks, become more crowded as the day wears on. And if it's really hot, they can close due to capacity. So if you want to experience much at all, it's best to arrive early. The only exception to this, is after a big, early afternoon thunderstorm. After that, the crowds will leave, which gives you a chance to arrive late and avoid the masses.

While the water parks are not theme parks per se, they are big, and have enough to do that you would not want just to pop in for a dip. That's what your resort pool is for. ;)

lettripp
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
We usually purchase the Water Parks & More option, specifically so we can visit the water parks numerous occasions for relatively short periods during our hot weather WDW visits. WE usually visit a them park early (at opening) then after a lunch go back to our hotel change and go to a Water Park for 3-4 hours. The lazy rivers or wave pools are great for cooling off in the heat of the day. Then it's back to our hotel for a rest and change before dinner, then on to a park that's open late. We are park commandos, though. We have to come home to rest up from our WDW vacations. :D

I like this idea! We are "Commandos" too but know that our August trip will be a lot less fun if we wear ourselves down in the heat.. Thanks for the tip!