PDA

View Full Version : Transportation - Orlando International to WDW Property (w/o Magical Express)

Awesome_guy
03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Hello Intercot,

Two travellers leaving in two sleeps! We arrive just after 7:00a.m. We're Swan/Dolphining so, alas, no Magical Express for us.

Now to clarify a few things:

a) For two travellers a taxi/towncar seem pretty comparable pricewise? Are there benefits to either?

b) What are your experiences organizing this pre-arrival or on-arrival? Is finding transportation quick/easy there?

c) Towncar service seems pretty comparible (pricewise and option wise). True?

d) With such an early arrival time--would those 30min. free grocery trips apply? Are these grocery stops 24h?

Hope this makes sense. Any and all advice/input is welcome. Great experiences and horror stories would both help in making an informed decision!

SOOOOO EXCITED!!,

faline
03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I'd suggest contacting Quicksilver to see if you can arrange town car service - much more personal and comfortable than a cab and generally within the same price range, and, yes, you can request a 20 minute grocery stop on our way to the resort. If you use a car service, you really need to arrange it now!

Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)

Jillirose
03-23-2011, 08:06 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin for the first time (loved it!). We took Quicksilver ($100) round trip for a towncar. We were picked up in an Escalade each time (not sure why we were upgraded, but it was ok with us!). We scheduled over the phone.

Our driver was right by the luggage with a sign - seamless! We also took advantage of the 30 minute stop at Publix. I'm sure that it is open 24 hours. We even got a case of water. The only criticism I would say was that our driver wasn't very talkative!

We are planning a trip for next year, and will use Quicksilver again. We found them to be dependable and economical. We will also be staying at the Dolphin again - can't beat the price for the location.

Dsnygirl
03-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I can also easily recommend QuickSilver... we've used them 3 times and they are wonderful. Once we were also upgraded to the Escalade... marvelous service... but no matter how they picked us up, it was quick, professional and very relaxing. (Plus, they're an Intercot sponsor... :thumbsup:)

To your questions -

I think a towncar is less expensive than a taxi, and you can get the grocery stop, as well... also much more luxurious. ;)

Like Linda suggested, I would definitely arrange it before you leave... finding transportation when you arrive can be difficult and the wait can be long. If you arrange it now, they'll be standing at baggage claim with a sign with your name on it, and you'll be all set!

And yes, you'll be able to have a grocery stop, even arriving at 7am...

Good luck, and have a GREAT trip!

Awesome_guy
03-24-2011, 09:02 AM
All booked [, hopefully... will have to check on confirmation; this ended up being a bit last-minute]!

Thanks for the reassurance!

WLfans
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
We've used three different companies. They were all good. [company names removed per terms of service] and finally Quicksilver.
Quicksilver was very good and easy to work with. The benefits of the car service.
1) You get to your hotel quicker than ME.
2) What you pay for the car service after a grocery stop will either break even or your ahead. We have a family of 5. At $3.50 or so for a bottle of water in Disney it adds up. We buy a case of water and snacks. Also sun screen and thing we don't want to pack.
3) We haven't had a late car service yet. We'll one was in the wrong location, but only took five minutes to get us.
Most car services stop at Publix(sp) markets. Cheaper than those in the Northeast.
Make sure to mention the grocery stop on the form and also let the driver know when you get there.

WLfans
03-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Haven any of you arrived late, using a car service? after 9:00 Pm This is our first time arriving this late. Are the markets open till 10:00 AM during any of your stops?

Thanks

faline
03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Haven any of you arrived late, using a car service? after 9:00 Pm This is our first time arriving this late. Are the markets open till 10:00 AM during any of your stops?

Yes. I've arrived late on my lat couple of trips. On one trip, we arrived so late that many stores were closed but there are some 24 hour options. On our last trip, I think we arrived around 8:30 or so and Publix was still open so we did our grocery stop there.