PDA

View Full Version : Ideal ADR-time if attempting fireworks?

Awesome_guy
03-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Hello Intercot,

If Wishes is showing at 10:00p.m., which time is more ideal for catching the show from an ADR.

More specifically, is 8:35 or 9:15 better?

I'd anticipate, knowing that nothing is guaranteed:
- an hour or so ahead of time for the ADR is probably ideal?
- communicating a willingness to wait, if necessary, might be helpful once arriving?

Is 8:35 the better time?

=),

faline
03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Where are you planning to dine?

Awesome_guy
03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Narcoossee's at GF... with thanks to you among others for the suggestion (in a previous thread!).

=)

faline
03-23-2011, 07:28 PM
If you are slow eaters and have several courses including appetizers and dessert, I'd go with the earlier time. If you are fast eaters and just have entrees, I'd go with the later time. Keep in mind that, even if you have a window table, many folks stand out on the deck around the resaturant and often block the views of the diners inside.

We've found that, if we finish dinner before the fireworks, we can usually find a very nice place to watch on the dock (not the deck) outside.

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 10:50 PM
I would keep the earlier. There's occasionally a wait to be seated, then Narcoossee's isn't an experience to rush. If your ADR is for 8:35, chances are you will still be eating or just finishing up with dessert by 10 or slightly after, at which point you could go outside to watch Wishes or watch from your seats if you have a view. If your ADR is for 9:15 and you are seated late, you could just be seated and ordering. There's no guarantee of the view, at any rate.

spoiledraf
03-25-2011, 09:54 PM
We've done the deck, the dock and from the tables inside. This time we have a 6:45 seating and plan to just head over and watch from Main Street as I believe thats the best place to enjoy the show. Plus it's EMH til 1A.M.!

Actually a really unique view of Wishes is from the top of the Contemporary during a dinner at the California Grille or afterward from the rooftop. Try that some time.