PDA

View Full Version : Epcot resorts

dbright
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
We're planning our big family trip for Jan 2012. I thought I've heard there are resorts from which you can walk to Epcot...that enter into the Countries section. Is that true? If so, which ones?

krose78
03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk

BugeyedMuggy
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
There is also the Swan & Dolphin which are right there but not Disney owned. You get the busses to the parks and can also walk to Epcot & Studios. We will go there if the other 3 resorts are too expensive at the time we are going. Just another option.

jake
03-24-2011, 12:04 PM
There is the Beach Club Yacht Club and the Boardwalk. The BC & YC are connected and have a huge lagoon for a pool. You can walk to Epcot ( you come in at England) There is a boat that will take you to Hollywood Studios from all 3 resorts. We are staying at the Yacht Club in August. Stayed at the beach Club 3 years ago, my kids loved the lagoon. The Boardwalk sits across the pond from the BC & YC. The Dolphin is also right there. You can walk around too all 3 resorts, it circles around the pond. BEAUTIFUL!!

johnO
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Beach and Yacht have the best pool on property.

lettripp
03-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Beach and Yacht have the best pool on property.

Beach Club and Yacht Club are awesome not only for the pool, but also because you can enjoy the Boardwalk entertainment too!

You can also walk from these resorts to Disney Studios (although the walk is quite a bit longer).

MarkC
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't recommend Beach Club highly enough due to the grounds, atmosphere, pool (which is a mini-water park), etc. Plus its a 7-8 minute leisurely walk to Epcot's International Showcase entrance between England and France. Many times we've watched Illuminations and been back in our rooms about 9:20 while others are still looking for their cars in the parking lot. We love everything about Beach Club.

Checkers
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
:mickey:Any of these resorts is wonderful. My personal favorite is the Boardwalk Inn. I have stayed at all of the "Epcot" resorts (with the exception of the Dolphin) and enjoyed them all. Walking to Epcot from the Yacht/Beach Club is the shortest although it is not that much further from the Boardwalk Inn. Boats can be taken to either park (Epcot, Hollywood Studios) if walking is a problem for anyone in your party. There are many restaurants in the area as well.

Mitzie
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I can't agree more with these fine folks. This area is great! We have stayed at BC, BWI and the Dolphin. Just love the close proximity to Epcot(my favorite park) we made the walk into HS and that wasn't bad at all. I can't speak for the main pool at BWI, it was closed due to a ruptured pipe and they were sending us over to BC/YC for the main pool there. Another great plus is that there are so many food options in a relatively small area.

WLfans
03-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Beach Club gets my vote. Its a short walk to Epcot and to the Boardwalk. Its a nice stroll that time of the year. The pool may be a little cool for January. Once you enter Epcot there are many restaurants right there.

My only minus for the Beach Club is the Marketplace for breakfast. Its OK, but nothing great. Mixing dining and shopping in one room is sort of a mix. They were opening Beaches and Cream for "hot" breakfast at one time, I don't know if they still do this. This was in July of 2009.
I think you'll be more than happy with BC.

crazygoalie39
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
The Boardwalk area is one of our most favorite places in WDW. Great atmosphere, great food, so much fun stuff to do, extremely close to Epcot at DHS, and we loved BWI. :mickey:

spoiledraf
03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Beach Club again in 148 days. But we liked the Boardwalk too. Especially when we got upgraded to the Presidential Suite. :cloud9:

Mousemates
03-26-2011, 09:53 AM
you can't really go wrong with any of the resorts you are choosing from....also remember you can also walk to the Studio's and Fantasia minature golf from each of them as well.

Jeri Lynn
03-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Love the Beach Club!! From the Quiet Pool it is less than a 5 minute walk to the International Gateway in Epcot!