PDA

View Full Version : ASMus

dbright
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
My husband and I stayed 2 nights at ASMu the middle of last week. I had made the reservations in early November and was told there was a pin attached to my name that gave me a preferred room and they told me at the time I'd be in the Calypso building. I told them I needed to be on the bottom floor because of using a scooter and they assured me that wouldn't be a problem. I paid 1/2 the amount due in Nov when I made the reservation and the other 1/2 in mid Feb. When I called in Feb to make the payment I again verified Calypso, preferred, blah, blah, blah...yep, all good, no problem. I got an email confirmation as well. I called on the Sunday before the Tues we arrived to request a refrigeration be placed in our room and agreed to the nightly fee for that. Again, at that time, it was verified the Calypso, so on and so forth. We arrived at 4pm on the day we were to check in and were the next in line to be helped. I opted not to do online check in becasue we were travelling the few days before and because I had made the fridge request. After waiting for 20 mins and they still hadn't finished helping the person at the counter one of the staff from the online check-in line called us over to be helped. She called up our reservation and as she was doing reminded her we had a preferred room and had requested the ground floor (at this point, thankfully, I had already picked up the scooter at the bell stand)...she said hesitantly, "oh, ok..." and then several mins went by and she got on the phone. I finally asked what the problem was...she said we're trying to find you a room. I asked what she was talking about that we had paid in full ressies for the preferred building...she told me not to worry, it would be ok. 10 mins later she said ok, we've got you on the ground floor in the Country building....the VERY last building at the back of the property. I suppose she thought I would smile and so oh, thank you, thank you...how wonderful. Well, at this point, an hour has gone by, I'm tired, my husband (1st time at Disney and sketpical anyway) was beside himself...I'm trying to assure him they're typicall far more efficient. I think she saw I was not happy and before I could say anything she offered up a manager. BTW, in the meantime, the couple we were behind in the other is STILL at the desk!!!! Anyway, a manager comes out...and I explained the whole situation...again...and he said we're just really crowded today. He says, not to make excuses, but we're packed...I told him that was nothing but an excuse as I have had reservations since November...PAID reservations since Nov. I went on to tell him this was my husband's 1st experience with Disney and is NOT impressed thus far. He said, "ok, ok...I'll be right back!" After 10 mins he came back and said we were in the Calypso...funny, right where we were suppose to be...that supposedly the room had been out of inventory because they were putting a new TV in that day. One has to wonder how long that took...anyway, we were finally on our way...except had to wait a few hours for the fridge. Who knows where that request went when I made that call 2 days prior. While this was my 1st time at ASMu it was not my 1st at other Disney resorts, including Movies and I had never had these issues. My biggest pet peeve is to be told something is being done correctly because "we're so busy". Isn't that what you're in business for??? To be busy???
I had all the emails and paperwork from the 1st communication in Nov. If I hadn't had it in black and white who knows if we would've gotten what we were expecting...keep good records!!! Of course, I'm a librarian, so that's an occupational hazard...LOL!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh my, sorry about that:(

Jillirose
03-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Persistence Pays! and, no one lost it :) I know my husband would have struggled... :blush:

Dsnygirl
03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your rough check-in.... made doubly difficult by the fact that you were trying to impress your DH with how well Disney is run!! Not fun! ;) I'm glad they got it worked out for you, though... dealing with the logistics of a scooter is bad enough w/o having to have it start out badly from the moment you arrive!!

We had a similar experience with ASMusic in January... three of us were arriving together from different parts of the country, with reservations that were linked and I'd made all the phone calls before we arrived to be sure our rooms were close to each other. We didn't expect to be next to each other, but had been told that we'd definitely be near each other.

Well, that completely didn't happen... we were not only not near each other, but all in different buildings! The short version of the fix was that the last girl to check in asked for a manager, finally, and just like you, she was able to magically fix it and put us where we wanted to be. Not together, but close by each other. She said that she could see more availability on her computer than the girls at the front desks could. ??? Anyway... it sure does seem like they're willing to tell you whatever you want to hear over the phone, and dump the problem in someone else's lap for when you arrive!! :(

I hope the rest of your trip was more magical, and that your DH loved Disney!

dbright
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Dsynygirl, the rest of the trip was awesome. Interesting you had a similar situation. It''s almost like if they can get away with it they will. I will never hesitate to ask for a manager if the situation is warranted...can't ever hurt...and as my husband was starting to get a little testy...I told him just to sit and chill out. I believe you certainly get further if you maintain a good attitude...although, I have to say after an hour mine was seriously starting to waiver...LOL