View Full Version : ADRs for Septemebr trip!!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Got the ADRs locked in for our trip and thought that would share. Many new restaurants on here that I have never tried before. I hope the kids enjoy our choices:

14th- Shutters (5:00pm). I know this one isn't real popular with Intercotees, but I figure it can be a relaxing start to the vacay as the kids can swim before and after dinner.

15th- Storybook with princesses at Akershus. Never been before but I figured my DD3 would love it.

16th- Hoop-Dee-Doo (5:00PM). Category 2. Been a long time since last going here, but I think the kids will enjoy it. Plus the early dinner allows for kid's choice as to what to do after wards (MNSSHP, back to resort, DTD, etc)

17th- 50's Primetime (3:00PM). We go every trip and this is one that is popular with my family (who will not accompany us on this trip). Many good laughs had here.

18th- Yak and Yeti (1:00PM). Never been before but the menu looked different and tasty.

19th- Ohana's (9:45AM). Very popular with Intercotees. That is the reason for me making this reservation. So I will thank you or blame you after the trip!! :blush: Plus early breakfast means parks after meal, head back to resort for kid nap then back for riding and Wishes Dessert Party that evening.

20th- San Angel Inn (5:00PM). Never been before, but we love Mexican food. Atmosphere is sweet and it is a good time for the wife and I to sip a margarita (or 4).

21st- Via Napoli (4:30PM). Never been before. I hope the pizza crust is as good as advertised on Intercot.

22nd- Fantasmic Dinner (Hollywood and Vine 5:00PM). I know, the buffet stinks, but I figure we are on vacation and anything is better than eating at home!! Love the idea of not sitting for 2 hours prior and waiting for Fantasmic to start.

23rd- Crystal Palace (2:00PM). Really like it here. Kids love Pooh and friends. Great memories here.

24th- Kids choice on parks. Late ressie at Rainforest, T-Rex, Planet Hollywood. Kids love to have charictures drawn at DTD on last day of trip.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
They all sound great...have you considered Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic PKG?

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
They all sound great...have you considered Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic PKG?

Ya know...I was going to do Mama Melrose's but the ADR that I had the day before was for Via Napoli and that would make 2 Italian style restaurants in 2 days. I was thinking about that tho. I hear mama Melrose's is quite good.

Pop Centurion
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Nice choices. I never tried Shutters but looking at the menu, it looks really good.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Nice choices. I never tried Shutters but looking at the menu, it looks really good.

Thanks Shorty. I'll let ya know how it is. :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Looks great! :eat:

GoBlueLacheta
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Shutters is okay really. The food is fine. It is just you expect something a little more from Disney for the price. It is just a mid-moderate restaurant with decent food, little atmosphere, no Disney vibe or environment, and middle of the road service. With that many ADR's, not all of your restaurants are going able to be must see 10's. If it is on your check in day and you are just relaxing I wouldn't worry about it.

As for Hollywood and Vine :thedolls: I can't knowingly support that place after my one and only experience there. But it serves it's purpose. If it were me, I would throw the back-to-back Italian argument to the seagulls and go with Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic dinner package.

And wish AK had more restaurant offerings...Sigh.

Ohana's Breakfast is one of the better one's but it's the dinner service that makes you go WOW I have to come here every trip.

PETE FROM NYC
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Ya know...I was going to do Mama Melrose's but the ADR that I had the day before was for Via Napoli and that would make 2 Italian style restaurants in 2 days. I was thinking about that tho. I hear mama Melrose's is quite good.

Don't worry about 2 Italian meals in a row.
Disney has no idea what Italian is. What they jokingly refer to as Italian is an insult to my heritage.