PDA

View Full Version : What's great about WDW in mid-late Sept?

jenperich
03-22-2011, 11:23 AM
So, due to the fact that there's nothing available w/DVC that we want in mid-Oct, I'm trying to get my husband to agree to mid-late Sept. He was dead-set on going during F&WF, however it will not be started yet.

Sooo...what is so good about doing in mid-late Sept? I need to tell my husband something! PLUS, it will be my husband's birthday, and we'll be celebrating our anniversary. Thanks for the help!

paragon
03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
We just booked Sept 15-24th at POR!!! We LOVE September!! The weather is awesome, and the crowds are light!! September is my favorite time to go to WDW, more than any other time of the year.
You should book a fireworks cruise!!!

ryca1dreams
03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
It is a little warmer in September than October, but the crowds are very light. I don't think there are as many EMHs either, but the lack of crowds gives you plenty of time to do everything.

jenperich
03-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Paragon, maybe we'll be on the same plane out of MHT!! :-) Those are EXACTLY the days we'll be going!

paragon
03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
LOL, we are booked on Southwest, 3:50pm flight to MCO
Stole it for $67!! but haven't booked a return flight yet-hopefully we will be stuck there FOREVER!!

jenperich
03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
WOW...$67!!! I definitely have NOT found anything better than that.

paragon
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
September is a really great time at WDW as far as crowds go, we always seem to be able to breeze through things quite easily, and the weather is often very nice, still like summer. We bring sweaters just in case though. Just have to watch out for the t-storms, and hope that hurricane season is tame.
Since you have a birthday AND an anniversary, did you make plans to celebrate??

jenperich
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Well we haven't actually booked anything yet. We usually do Tutto Italia on our actual anniversary, but the actual date is in October. So, I'm actually secretly hoping to skip that restaurant this trip - not that I don't LOVE it. But, other than that...I'm hoping to do a tour this time. Do you have any suggestions? I've been 10+ times, but only 3 times w/DH. Where in NH are you from BTW?

paragon
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
LOL, my answer is always the same- i LIVE in NH, I am FROM Massachusetts. ( we are in Nashua 10 years now )-
We haven't ever done any real tours, though I would like try one of the behind the scenes tours. I've been told they are really good, also the tour in Epcot-the one that goes behind the scenes in the LAND. The fireworks cruise was my favorite though, we had a great time on that one-no crowds, we had audio on the boat so we actually heard the entire Wishes audio, plus got up close to the electric water parade and the sound was awesome-the music bouncing off the water.
Personally, I've been to WDW probaly about 25 times, and always, always find somethng new just looking around. I spend more time just looking at details and such, I always have, even on my first trip there as a teen. ( I wanted to live in one of the buildings on Main Street, upstairs! ) Thats another great reason for a September trip, less crowds allow for you to wander a bit more, and just look at everything. Now that I have this Sept trip booked, I am going to start looking at more things to do, like the tours. We will be traveling with friends, and thier two little ones 6 and 9, so that may limit the tours options.
On our last April trip, my Mom and I got a sneak peak underground at Epcot- a maintenance man was in the elevator with us over at Soarin, and he let us see the lower level, which was cool.

spoiledraf
03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I would gladly trade my early August week for anything in September but school bells take the priorty. Went last year late September as a last minute choice with my daughter and grandson. Weather was great and it was actually the best trip we've ever had. Caught the MNSSHP and my grandson just loved the pool at the Beach Club. Take it and love it.

CanadaLovesDisney
03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Mickeys not so scary Halloween party is not just for kids! It's Alot of fun! Also the weather in September there is PERFECT! Not too hot not too cold. I would say it would be our first choice in time of year to go to wdw! Crowds are decent too! Many people have school to consider!

Daisy'sMom
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
September is a really great time at WDW as far as crowds go, we always seem to be able to breeze through things quite easily, and the weather is often very nice, still like summer. We bring sweaters just in case though. Just have to watch out for the t-storms, and hope that hurricane season is tame.
Since you have a birthday AND an anniversary, did you make plans to celebrate??

Skip the sweaters, it's still summer here in September!:mickey:

ShinynewJB
03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
How does late September compare to early September? We'll be there for 14 nights starting 28th of August - I'm guessing it'll start off being a bit busy and get quieter and quieter?

We actually went during early September last time, but I don't remember how the crowds were. I was curious to know how they compare to later in the month.

What I DO remember about September though, is that you will definitley not need sweaters! :secret:

Disney Doll
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
We like Sept because of the low crowds. Maybe it's because a lot of families are hesitant to have their kids miss school so soon. I like the Halloween party too and it seems less crowded the earlier you go. The only thing I dislike about Sept is the heat. Absolutely not sweater weather. It's not horrible, but it is warmer that I would really prefer.

emmatink
03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Not sure if this will really impact crowds that much or not but Sept 19-23 is fall break for some counties in Georgia.

steamboat willy
03-24-2011, 09:19 AM
We are September Travelers also. We also celebrate :congrats: our anniversary in September. We have booked our trip for September 24 - October 1, 2011. 183 DAYS. :woohoo:

Nice, but not so Hot!
Lower crowds
Lower rates
Anniversary's in September

Food and Wine starts on our last day. wonder what park we'll go for lunch?: :tasty:

Last year (on our Anniversary) we took our 4 year old grandson (Dash) with us to Carolina Beach.....We had a blast.
This year, were taking our now 5 year old grandson with us on his FIRST TRIP to DISNEY. He does not know yet, DW doesn't think I can keep it a secret much longer. We gonna have so much FUN. Parks, Characters, Pool, Exploring, Parks, Animals, Movie's by the Pool & Popcorn!
:party2::coaster::fworks::vacation:

Enjoy all your September Trips......We will!:thumbsup: Maybe we'll see you....

spoiledraf
03-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Not sure if this will really impact crowds that much or not but Sept 19-23 is fall break for some counties in Georgia.

We went last year that week. My daughters a teacher in Georgia. The only dissapointment we had was Toy Story Mania was already sold out both times we tried but other than that it was perfect weather and the wait tames were minimal.

jenperich
03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks all! We booked our trip to BWV for that week. We can't wait for the nice weather and minimal crowds. :-)