PDA

View Full Version : When to make a room request

Luv4WDW
03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
When should I make my room request? Also, what is the best method to do so?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
The best thing to do is to have them noted on your reservation, and then mention them again at check-in.

The other methods of faxing the resort, calling the resort, etc are usually not as effective, in large part due to the volume that they were requesting.

faline
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes, I always have my room requests noted on my initial reservation.

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes, I always have my room requests noted on my initial reservation.
Same here. :mickey:

Luv4WDW
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
So if I already have an existing reservation should I call? If so... who do I call?

Strmchsr
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM
So if I already have an existing reservation should I call? If so... who do I call?

If you booked through a TA, like Magical Journeys, then you call your agent. If you booked directly through Disney, just call them and the CM will get it noted on your reservation.

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2011, 06:25 PM
If you booked through a TA, like Magical Journeys, then you call your agent. If you booked directly through Disney, just call them and the CM will get it noted on your reservation.Right, just call the reservations office at 407-939-6244

lawgirl
03-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I know they can't promise that your request will be fulfilled, but I have always had my room requests honored.

I usually call and have it noted on the original reservation; I then usually also fax 2-3 days before my arrival and make the request again. It never hurts!

Strmchsr
03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
I know they can't promise that your request will be fulfilled, but I have always had my room requests honored.

I usually call and have it noted on the original reservation; I then usually also fax 2-3 days before my arrival and make the request again. It never hurts!

Just an FYI, many of the folks on here (including me) have been told by various CMs that faxes simply are tossed because they don't have time to process them all, so that's an unnecessary step. If it's noted on your reservation, they'll get it.

And, you're right. It's not guaranteed. I've had about a 50% success rate with my room requests.

Luv4WDW
03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for all the info! Now... is there a place where you can see a layout of the rooms at a resort? Or... do you just make your requests based on previous trips?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
You can find resort maps and information in info central (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/default.asp).

Is there something you're looking for (like close to bus stops), etc? We can give some suggestions or ideas!

TammiMcMan
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Is this for your GF deluxe room request? If so, the best thing to do is make the request with your concierge pre-planner. You can call or e-mail them.

I went back through some of my GF notes and there are 6 deluxe queen rooms in the main building. 4 of them are the Option 1 room layout that I sent you, room numbers are 4319, 4419, 4320, 4420 (3rd and 4th floor). 2 of them are the Option 2 room layout and those room numbers are 4322 and 4422 (one on the third floor, one on the fourth floor). You really don't have a lot to choose from, unless you want to be on a specific floor. The 3rd floor is where the club level staff is situated. The 4th floor has the lounge. Floors 3, 4 & 5 are connected via a staircase and the elevator.

If you look at the GF map, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/gfrs07.JPG, and go to the main building, the deluxe rooms will be located somewhere between where you see the #7 and the "DVC" symbol.

Luv4WDW
03-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks everybody! Yes, this is for my deluxe Queen room. The reason I asked was because I noticed option two had the bigger (wrap-around?) balcony and I thought that would be pretty cool... but I thought if it meant we'd be way at the end of the long hallway then it might not be worth it. Now I'm also thinking, though... maybe we don't want to be too close to the club level offerings. I'm thinking about the noise. Last time we were on the fifth floor and LOVED it. The only "noise" we heard (if you can call it that) was from the orchestra and piano player below us. It was awesome! If they're all in the same vicinity I guess it won't matter. I think I'm over thinking things. :blush: It sure beats thinking about work, though!