PDA

View Full Version : Favorite places to relax in the parks?

Narawen
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm planning our December trip with my mom and I. We won't be traveling with kids, but spending a full day in the parks can be exhausting. Since our next trip will only be 4 days (plus arrival and departure days) we don't have much time to build in a "free" day.

Also, looking at my tentative late-lunch ADRs and plans with night shows, it may be very difficult for us to escape the parks for a few hours to go back to the resort without feeling the time crunch to rush back.

All that said, where do you like to relax without leaving the parks? I'm hoping having a TS meal at lunch rather than dinner may provide that "rest" time without having to wait until 7pm. We love the TTA at MK and welcome other ideas.

ETA: I just noticed a similar thread, but some of those answers are for the resorts as well. I hope just asking for places in the parks won't create too much overlap.

joonyer
03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
The rocking chairs on Aunt Polly's porch on Tom Sawyer Island are a good place to take a load off your tired aching feet. You can watch the Liberty Belle as she cruises the river and hear the hound howling at the Haunted Mansion.

wilcat
03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
While in Epcot why not go into the garden area behind the UK buildings. There are a few benches and for the most part it is a very quiet secluded area, that is until the British Invasion come out then you could just enjoy the music.

Momto3littlemice
03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
We like to ride the WEDway to take a nice break! (TTA now) :mickey:

lettripp
03-21-2011, 07:19 PM
While in Epcot why not go into the garden area behind the UK buildings. There are a few benches and for the most part it is a very quiet secluded area, that is until the British Invasion come out then you could just enjoy the music.

This is exactly where I would suggest. On our last trip, we grabbed dinner and ate there. We had the entire garden to ourselves while everyone else was watching Illuminations... it was so nice!

JasonH
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
MK - TTA as you already mentioned, the seating around El Pirata Y El Perico (sorry if I didn't spell it right:confused:), CoP, Pinnochio's Village Haus

Epcot - Ellen's Energy Adventure, the seating outside of Fountainview Espresso & Bakery, the seating at the shop that's between China and Germany (can't think of the name of it).

DHS - Backlot Express, the seating around Rosie's and Toluca Turkey Legs, also at the Starring Rolls Bakery.

AK - The seating down by the lake from the BBQ restaurant, any of the benches along Maharaja Jungle Trek, seating at Pizzafari

A Big Kid
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
In the MK, go to the Car Barn. It is to the left as you enter the front gate just past Guest Servies.

The Car Barn is a stable where they house the Clydelsdales that pull the trolly down Main Street.

There is a checker board there will a couple of seats. And the person who tends to the horses are more than happy to engage you in conversation.

IamaDisneyFan
03-22-2011, 10:21 AM
The Writer's Stop in DHS is my favorite place to relax. Good coffee drinks, baked goods to snack on, bistro style tables, and a couch and tv with a movie on for the kids. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
03-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I like to resort to individual rides to take a break. Momto3littlemice mentioned the Wedway People-Mover (which has a new name, but my middle-aged brain refuses to learn it) in FutureWorld, which is an excellent suggestion. I would also suggest the ride in the Mexican Pavilion at EPCOT and The Great Movie Ride in Disney Hollywood Studios.

azcavalier
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
The great thing about using long attractions as a rest is that most of them are indoors and air conditioned. Ellen's Energy Adventure, Living with the Land, The Hall of Presidents, The American Adventure are all great ways to take a load off. In Epcot, we also like to get some ice cream, sit at the Electric Umbrella and watch the fountain.

Also, if you can find a place to sit and watch any of the street performers, that's a great way to relax. At Animal Kingdom, there are usually benches around where the Village Beatniks perform, and if you can snag a seat you can relax and have a fun show at the same time.

mjm12000
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Here are my top picks for each park

Magic Kingdom- The Benches in the Rose Garden in front of the castle on the Tomorrow land side.

Animal Kingdom- Any of the benches nestled in and around the base of the tree of life

Hollywood Studios- The court yard area in front of the Muppet's 3D Movie theater.

Epcot- The benches in front of the France Pavilion, down by the water in between the cart that sells Champagne and the cart that sells crepes

wdwfansince75
03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I sometimes relax by moving around. At the MK, I often just take a ride on the railroad...or even exit the park, and to a few turns on the Monorail...Or at EPCOT, take the Friendships back and forth.

lovinmesomedisney
03-24-2011, 09:08 AM
All of the above mentioned are wonderful choices, but to add one more to that, you could always grab yourself a Dole Whip in Adventureland and have a seat under the trees across from there. People watching and enjoying a Dole Whip - doesn't get much better than that! :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
03-24-2011, 11:16 AM
In epcot we go to the fountainview ice-cream parlor. There are plenty of tables to sit and relax while eating some cookies and creme ice-cream :) plus watching the fountains dance!

TTA in magic kingdom is also a great place to relax.

johnO
03-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Sometimes I take "unintended" rests at attractions. A couple of years ago, we were in the 'American Adventure' , which I love, but apparently I fell asleep:secret:. DD woke me up citing my very loud snoring as a problem in the attraction.

KatieDuck22
03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
deeper into most of the countries are seating areas so it would be peaceful to pick your favorite. i would suggest grabbing an ice cream cone and sitting at one of the tables around casies and on the other side of mainstreet. its prime people watching!

LittleD
03-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I have one more for EPCOT - Spaceship Earth, it's cool and dark. A great place to relax.

LVT
03-25-2011, 07:31 AM
EPCOT fountains. If it is windy you might watch the unsuspecting jump when startled by the water.http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/icons/icon10.gif

brownie
03-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Spaceship Earth, the American Adventure, and watching the Fountain of Nations are some ways we like to relax in Epcot. If you're watching the Fountain of Nations, you can grab some coffee or ice cream nearby.

WDWCrazyKaren
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
DH and I will set ourselves on just about any bench NOT near a restroom (those benches get busy and loud) and just people watch. We find great enjoyment out of checking out folks from every walk of life at Disney World. We're happy to grab a drink and just watch the world go by.