PDA

View Full Version : Travel estimate info?

Silver_Surfer
03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi:mickey:

How long would you estimate it take to get to DW from The Orlando airport on a Saturday afternoon using the magical express bus in late May? The time would start as soon you get off the plane.

Thank You!:party:

disneymom15
03-21-2011, 12:31 PM
We've used DME several times. Generally figure about 1hour to 2 hours, it can vary every trip. I would average it out to about 90 minutes.

BayLaker25
03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
It usually takes about 35-45 minutes to get from the airport to WDW. As for the moment you get off of the plane it all depends on how fast you get to check-in, how much the bus has to fill up for it to leave and how many different resorts you have to stop at before the resort you are going to. I would say all together from the moment you get off of the plane about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Roughly

Silver_Surfer
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks Guys:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
It's really variable. Sometimes the DME lines are insane, and other times, the whole area is deserted when you arrive, and you have to sit on an empty bus and wait for it to fill up before you leave.

Your resort could be the first stop, or it could be the 4th stop.

I'd count on somewhere between 1-2 hours, as mentioned. If you get lucky, you'll be checking into your resort less than an hour after getting off your plane.

lovinmesomedisney
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM
It usually takes us about 35 - 45 minutes. We go off peak, so there aren't any lines to get to the buses.

DisneyorBust
03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
We have had good succeess with DME, each trip has had us at our resort in 1 hour or less, normally closer to 45 minutes.
Hope that you have a good DME experience.

disney obsessed
03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi. I am in the middle of a terrible withdrawal. I NEED to go to DW soon. (STRESS) We have driven in the past but it has been years since southwest came to the area. However, that is prohibitive right now as well. My husband just had cervical spine surgury and has not been working his regular hours. I am a stay at home mom. What could i expect to pay to drive 900+ miles one way? I just want to be on property. Ride the monorail and explore the hotels. I will not go to the parks and can even stay off site just to get a good rate.

I know, I got it bad...............:magic:

ooopppsss!!! I posted in the wrong place.!