PDA

View Full Version : split stay opinions

yjgirl32
03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Was thinking of spending our last night at a different hotel and was just wondering what everyone's opinion on this. We will have no park tickets for the next day due to our flight leaving in the early afternoon- so would have some time to swim and check out the hotel. Would love to hear your opinions- thank you.

wildernesslady
03-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Personally I don't think I would at the end of the trip. Once I pack up I'm ready to go home. We had to stay at a different resort the first night of our last trip. That wasn't too bad since we hadn't "moved in" yet. Disney does transport your luggage though, and that went very smoothly.

Basket Mommy
03-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't do it for just one night.

Tink33333
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I agree, not for one night. We have split stays before but it has always been for at least 2 nights.

yjgirl32
03-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Well I could do 2 nights. We are adding 2 more nights- due to flying not driving- one in the begining and one at the end of our stay.

MN_Dad
03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
A nice place for a couple days is Animal Kingdom Lodge, Safari View. If you are not going to the parks, you can watch the animals in the morning with breakfast, enjoy the pool in the afternoon, a nice diner, then relax on the deck with a cocktail while the animals settle down for the night.

buzznwoodysmom
03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
A nice place for a couple days is Animal Kingdom Lodge, Safari View. If you are not going to the parks, you can watch the animals in the morning with breakfast, enjoy the pool in the afternoon, a nice diner, then relax on the deck with a cocktail while the animals settle down for the night.

I agree with this. We just got back from 9 nights in WDW. 7 nights at WL, then the last 2 at AKL. AKL was a great resort to be at for those last 2 nights. We saved going to AK park for our second to last day, then spent the last day enjoying the resort. My kids loved hanging out on our savannah view balcony. There is so much to do at this resort that its the perfect place for non park days.

Now for the actual splitting....We've almost always stayed at more than one resort. We want to be able to try them all, and these split stays help with that. However, on this trip I realized that I'm done with the split stays. Its not hard to do, but I think from now on we want to settle in for the week and stay put. I find that the night before we make the move I have to do major reorganizing and packing and it takes up too much of our precious vacation time. Its a great way to experience different resorts, but its definitely not for everyone.

teambricker04
03-23-2011, 12:41 PM
We have done one day stays for split stays, but usually at the beginning, not the end. I think it is an easy to do as you can have your bags sent over and then take your time for check in.

I think the AKL sounds nice, but if you like to swim the BC is fun. Plus with Beaches & Cream, the character meal, and the nightly beach movie night you would have plenty to do. One other place to consider is FW in a cabin... there's a camp fire, horseback riding (for a fee), the hoop dee doo review and more.

:mickey:

Stickey
03-23-2011, 12:55 PM
It would not be worth the hassle for 1 night.
You will need to relocate, which includes the time to check-in at the new resort and move your luggage.

yjgirl32
03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Thank you for all your help. Still undecided- Kathy From MJ will be back tomorrow and I need to make-up my mind but you have given me great advise and I really appreciate it.

mom2morgan
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd do it. I assume you are contemplating an "upgrade" since you are planning to spend some time experiencing a resort and pool? I don't mind packing and moving if it provides an opportunity for one more experience I otherwise wouldn't get :-) But that's me - I don't "move in" at a resort, I like to bounce and do different things. I'd just do most of my packing and then live out of an overnight bag that last day.

jnfr2424
03-24-2011, 09:04 AM
We do split stays all the time but I would do it for at least 2 days.

Mousemates
03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
We have done lots of split stays, and while most have been for at least two nights, we have have done a one-nighter here and there. You would want to pick a resort that is unique since you would be there for the day and I would agree that the AKL would be a great choice, since it has a great pool area, unusual eateries, and of course the animals. I would also go ahead and splurge on the cost of a savannah view room.

Upon arrival I would also ask them to check their room inventory to see if they have anything immediately availalbe so you don't have to wait an inordinate amount of time to check in. (we have done this a couple of different times with success (actually we ended up with upgrades though I certainly would not have an expectation of that happening).

yjgirl32
03-25-2011, 09:01 AM
I have always wanted to stay at AKL- I LOVE animals and would really enjoy the savannah room. The pool also looks amazing. I think we are going to try it for the last night of our stay. Thanks for all the info and opinions. I appreciate them all.