PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from the Swan?

southerngirl
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone:

After much debate, we booked a room at the Swan for our upcoming trip in two weeks. We wanted to stay at the MK in a deluxe (we're Poly fans), but we just couldn't justify the rates, which even with the 30% rates they were running, would have cost over $350/night. The Swan is costing us about $209/night with taxes and the resort fee. We've stayed there before, but we didn't visit the parks, because it was a quick business trip. I know that we can take the boat or walk to Epcot or the Studios, but our DS is a huge MK fan. I'm worried about getting over there in the morning. Is the bus system okay, or should we **** it up and pay for parking and just drive over, since we'll have our car (I'm assuming that at the Swan, we don't get the parking pass like we would at a Disney resort and will have to pay). We had a nightmare with the buses at the Poly in December, and we really don't want to waste 45 minutes again waiting on a bus, if we can get there by car in half the time. Thoughts?

floridamom
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin this past October and had no problem with the bus service to MK. Never waited more than 10 minutes on either end.

Remember that when driving to MK, you actually have to park at the TTC lot, take a tram (or walk) to the TTC, then take a monorail or ferry to MK. This takes a LOT of time. On the other hand, even if you have to wait a few minutes for the bus, it drops you off right at the MK entrance.

We really enjoyed location of the Swan/Dolphin. At the time of year you are traveling, that rate is a very good value.

Have a great trip!

lettripp
03-21-2011, 06:54 AM
I have also taken the bus from The Swan before and had no problem getting there quickly. It really may be faster than driving and battling lines at the TTC.

jnfr2424
03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone:

After much debate, we booked a room at the Swan for our upcoming trip in two weeks. We wanted to stay at the MK in a deluxe (we're Poly fans), but we just couldn't justify the rates, which even with the 30% rates they were running, would have cost over $350/night. The Swan is costing us about $209/night with taxes and the resort fee. We've stayed there before, but we didn't visit the parks, because it was a quick business trip. I know that we can take the boat or walk to Epcot or the Studios, but our DS is a huge MK fan. I'm worried about getting over there in the morning. Is the bus system okay, or should we **** it up and pay for parking and just drive over, since we'll have our car (I'm assuming that at the Swan, we don't get the parking pass like we would at a Disney resort and will have to pay). We had a nightmare with the buses at the Poly in December, and we really don't want to waste 45 minutes again waiting on a bus, if we can get there by car in half the time. Thoughts?

Show your Swan or Dolphin room key and the parking is free for all the parks

Mousemates
03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
we have stayed at the swan and had no bus issues whatsoever...we also loved the ability to boat/walk to both epcot and the studios. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I've stayed at the Dolphin and the bus service was excellent, not much wait, always a seat. If you prefer not to drive, you can easily rely on the buses from the Dolphin and I suspect the Swan as well. And they do participate in EMH, if that's important to you. Oh, plus, if there's a morning that you would prefer to get there even before the buses, they keep cabs right by the bus stop. You could go over and grab a cab for an early arrival in a pinch.