PDA

View Full Version : free dining with a two almost three year old

mama2haven
03-20-2011, 09:12 PM
we are going to disney right before my daughter turns three. are they going to charge for her at any of the character meals? i can't remember who told me that they might. i was hoping she could just pick off her older sisters plate. i just wanna make sure we have enough spending cash if this does happen.

zcrsdad
03-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Children under 3 may eat off of another's plate for no charge.

Basket Mommy
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
At buffets, the kids under 3 will eat for free. If you order a meal specifically for a child under 3, you will have to pay for that. They should not charge for a child sharing off another's plate, though.

baby minnie's mommy
03-20-2011, 10:43 PM
At the buffet meals, which a lot of character meals are, children under three eat free. That means you can go to the buffet, get them their own plate, and put their own food on it. You don't have to literally take it off someone else's plate at a buffet.

As far as regular table-service, the toddler does not get their own meal brought to them. You just ask them for an extra plate, then put food on it from someone else's, such as her sister's.

What you may have heard about is a charge for people who attend a character meal, but don't want to eat. I've heard something about that, but don't know how that works or if they even do that for sure. However, this does NOT apply to kids under age 3.

Have fun!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
03-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Nobody ages while on a WDW vacation. If they are two at checkin the rules for a two year old apply until checkout. Children under three eat free at buffets and share off plates at other locations. You are charged for whatever you orderoff the menu. So if you order a child meal, you will probably be charged.

Ruprect
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM
This is the best time to take a kid. No cost for hotel or tix and free meals at buffets. We've taken all of ours at 2.5 and had a great time. They're a great age to really enjoy the trip and low cost.

DonaldsBFF
03-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Nobody ages while on a WDW vacation. If they are two at checkin the rules for a two year old apply until checkout. Children under three eat free at buffets and share off plates at other locations. You are charged for whatever you orderoff the menu. So if you order a child meal, you will probably be charged.

Kind of like Neverland? This is great information that I had not really ever thought about. We were thinking of waiting until our kids were 4 and 3, now 14 months and 3 weeks, but this might give me an excuse to convince my DW to go sooner.