PDA

View Full Version : Outer Rim

ryca1dreams
03-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Where is the Outer Rim located in the Contemporary? What's it like: is it more of a casual, stuffy, loud, or sports bar type place?

DreamFinder2
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
The Outer Rim is located on the 4th floor of the Contemporary, right next to Chef Mickey's and the Contempo Cafe. It is small, with limited soft seating and a few barstools. It has one television and is noisy, since you're "out in the open" with the other restaurants/shops in the main atrium of the CR.

We stopped for a quick drink last week and found it suitable. Very nice bartender that took a picture for us, too.

Melanie
03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Main gripe with Outer Rim is that it doesn't open until 4pm, or at least that was the case last time we checked.

faline
03-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Main gripe with Outer Rim is that it doesn't open until 4pm, or at least that was the case last time we checked.

That seems to be true of many of the resort lounges.

The Outer Rim is sort of seperated into two areas. There's an area right by the bar. We rarely sit in this area. The lounge extends along the window, outside this area, where there are couches, chairs, and tables. There are some nice views out over Bay Lake.

The largest problem I have with this area (which is likely an issue with the servers as well) is that the seating areas are often occupied for folks who are not interested in ordering anything - they are either waiting to be seated at Chef Mickey's, waiting for others to join them, or simply just hanging out.

BrerGnat
03-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Try the lounge at The Wave restaurant, on the first floor. This is a cool space for a drink. MUCH quieter and easier to carry a conversation here.

The Outer Rim has televisions, so if you're keeping up with a game or something, this is a better option.

Granny Jill A
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
The largest problem I have with this area (which is likely an issue with the servers as well) is that the seating areas are often occupied for folks who are not interested in ordering anything - they are either waiting to be seated at Chef Mickey's, waiting for others to join them, or simply just hanging out.

I've noticed that as well. Wonder why they kept the lounge there. Why not move it to the opposite end of the concourse, near the outdoor smoking area with a view of MK?