PDA

View Full Version : Car Care Center

mouseketeer mom
03-20-2011, 09:20 AM
How easy is it to rent a car at WDW? We'd be picking it up at the airport, but not wanting it the whole trip. How does it work with the car care center? Is is a total pain or do they make it easy? Is Alamo the rental car to use if we want to drop the car off at WDW instead of the airport, or doesn't it matter?

PrettyMinnie
03-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi! We have rented a car on several of our trips, and found that using the Car Care Center really was easy. We used both Alamo and National, and found that they were both wonderful in assistance but Alamo was slightly better, I would recommend. We picked up the car at the airport after our flight and it took about twenty minutes to get everything straightened out. I have heard stories of lines and waiting, but fortunately we have never experienced this. Overall, I would say renting a care at WDW is quite easy. Both Alamo and the resort were very helpful if we needed shuttles, calling in advance or some other type of assistance. Which makes it easy for whenever you want to drop the car off. I hope this helps!!

SuzieBell
03-20-2011, 10:02 AM
We've used Alamo in the past. Picked up at the airport that morning, went the the grocery store, was able to check in, then dropped it off in the afternoon, but we dropped it off at the Dolphin Hotel, then took the bus the MK. You just tell the valet your dropping off your rental, show them your agreement and they give you a receipt. Go inside to the Alamo desk and check out! Very easy and no hassle. Actaully too eaay!:D We also did self check in at the kiosk for Alamo.

olivegirl
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
VERY EASY to rent a car at the Car Care Center!! Every year when we are in Disney we take one day and go to Clearwater Florida! We are up at 530am, take a cab or someone can pick you up from the center. Being that early in the day never a line, we pick our car up and off we go!!! Returning the car is easy also! We return the car filled with gas and then we have someone from the center drive us back to our resort! We have been doing this for 6 years and never had a problem!!!

Magic Smiles
03-20-2011, 07:55 PM
We rent a car every trip from either Alamo or National at the airport and always return it to the Car Care Center the day before we leave as we take the DME back to the airport. It takes no time at all to return the car and they always shuttle us or DH to where ever he wants to go. They even dropped him off at AK one year so that he could meet up with us at the park. Both companies are great and I just book whoever has the cheaper car rental for our period of time.

lindique
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Alamo and National are owned by the same company and share the office and the cars at the Car Care Center. So choose whomever has the best deal for you.

Another great thing about returning at the Car Care Center is that the Hess gas station is right on the same property as where you return the car. No hunting around for gas, and the prices are very reasonable for the area.

Alamo/National's vans will take you anywhere on property when you return the car. They really are a pleasure to deal with!

mouseketeer mom
03-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh, this is all great info. We never have rented a car in WDW before. We are taking the car at the airport, and using it to drive to Vero, then back to WDW again. We won't use it for our time in WDW, so we will leave it at the car care center. I made my ressie today thru Alamo. Thank you!

PrettyMinnie
03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh, this is all great info. We never have rented a car in WDW before. We are taking the car at the airport, and using it to drive to Vero, then back to WDW again. We won't use it for our time in WDW, so we will leave it at the car care center. I made my ressie today thru Alamo. Thank you!

Good luck! Alamo was wonderful for us! :thumbsup: