PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli?

WDW24
03-20-2011, 08:35 AM
My family and I will be going to WDW in July. We have an ADR for Via Napoli, and we are REALLY excited about it. I have been to Italy before, and had the pizza. I loved it, and I was really wondering if Via Napoli captures the true experience of an authentic Italian restaurant.

Strmchsr
03-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Definitely. I think you'll be very pleased.

Jillirose
03-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Two :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
03-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Absolutely!!! My grandson called it the bestest pizza he ever had. It really is good. Some of our party had pasta dishes and they were delicious. The desserts are great also. Enjoy.

brownie
03-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Having never been to Italy, I can't tell you how it compares. I can tell you we had a great experience eating there, loved the pizza, and will be going back!

JPL
03-20-2011, 11:23 AM
The Pizza is very good. Not sure I would call it authentic but it's still good. It's the best in WDW and probably the best I have had in Florida.

ElenitaB
03-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Naples 45 which is in NYC and is the brand's flagship restaurant, was awarded the coveted certification of "La Vera Pizza Napoletana," in recognition of serving authentic Neapolitan pizza made with traditional ingredients, methods, and wood-burning ovens — one of only two such awards in New York City. The designation is given by an organization from Sicily. Not too shabby.

javamama
03-20-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll let you know in May, when we head there(but I'm a Chicago deep dish pizza girl)
They're doing a test until the end of May there selling pizza, and some desserts as a CS, and even on the DDP so that's probably a good thing to test out. My g/f from here really enjoyed it this past January, said to make sure we ate there.

CanadaLovesDisney
03-20-2011, 10:33 PM
VERY VERY good pizza. The pizza crust is unlike any other.

WDW24
03-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Thank you very much. These replies have really made me believe that I truly will have a great time at Via Napoli. :mickey:

JPL
03-21-2011, 11:10 AM
They're doing a test until the end of May there selling pizza, and some desserts as a CS, and even on the DDP so that's probably a good thing to test out.

Just a warning the Pizza served at the CS location is not the same Pizza served inside the restaurant. I have heard this from a few people who were disappointed that it wasn't the same and not as good.

azcavalier
03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Don't stop with just the pizza either. My wife had their Pistachio Gelato and *raves* about it. This is a family board, so I can't actually repeat how she described it, but it was very, very good.

Jared
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Naples 45 which is in NYC and is the brand's flagship restaurant, was awarded the coveted certification of "La Vera Pizza Napoletana," in recognition of serving authentic Neapolitan pizza made with traditional ingredients, methods, and wood-burning ovens — one of only two such awards in New York City. The designation is given by an organization from Sicily. Not too shabby.
Sure, fine, so it's authentic according to the snobby Italian pizza people. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing more authentic than a big, greasy New York slice. ;)

In all seriousness, Via Napoli is excellent and a huge improvement over Tutto Italia. It serves easily the best pizza on property, and I look forward to returning.

I'm just a stuck-up New Yorker defending my pizza. :)