PDA

View Full Version : Swimming pools

mikeyrio
03-19-2011, 05:14 PM
As we are staying in the Saratoga Springs October and we love to travel to other hotels can anyone tell me is it allowed or frowned upon to swim in other hotels pools?

plutolovr
03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Sorry, "pool hopping" is not allowed unless you're a Disney Vacation Club member staying on points, then you can pool hop to other DVC resorts. You play where you stay!!!

faline
03-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Even if you're a vacation club owner there are some restrictions on pool hopping.

If you're not a vacation club owner, pool hopping is not allowed though, there are times when exceptions have been made - particularly if the pool at your resort is undergoing renovations.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
If you are staying at POFQ, you can use the pool at POR. And if you are staying at either the Swan and Dolphin, you can use both resorts pools. But as others have posted, you can't resort hop except in certain situations.

brownie
03-20-2011, 11:20 AM
If you're staying at one of the All-Star resorts, you can use any of the All-Star resort pools.

ransam
03-20-2011, 05:12 PM
That's interesting. I thought a cast member told me that they didn't mind...guess i was wrong.

TammiMcMan
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
That's interesting. I thought a cast member told me that they didn't mind...guess i was wrong.The cast member was probably the one who was wrong. It was probably 15 years ago, we asked at our resort about going to YC/BC to swim at SAB. The CM told us that was no problem, so we packed up the kids and headed over with our swim stuff. Of course we were told at SAB that only guests of YC/BC were allowed and even back then, they were checking room keys. Since then, I've noticed that the signage around many (if not all) the resort pools have been updated to say that the pool is for registered guests of that resort only.

jnfr2424
03-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry, "pool hopping" is not allowed unless you're a Disney Vacation Club member staying on points, then you can pool hop to other DVC resorts. You play where you stay!!!

Is this true at BLT as well? I thought we were told only BLT guests were allowed to use their pool