PDA

View Full Version : One Day Visit

AmyKane
03-19-2011, 10:30 AM
My family DH; DD age 9 and myself are making a pitstop for one night (:woohoo:) on April 22-23 staying at the Animial Kindgom Lodge.
I am jumping out of my skin!

I am torn and need some advise -
We litterly have only 1 day (Friday). MK is open until 2:00am. We love Epcot just as much as MK and was thinking about visiting both parks but my husband really doesn't want to go crazy because we have our drive back to MA ahead of us. He thinks we should spend the day at MK and stay as late as we can. I want to spend some time at Epcot and then head over to MK.

Can anyone shed some light on Easter crowds?

Also, DH and myself already have 3 day hoppers from a past trip so we are all set with tickets; but DD who is 9 doesn't so I will have to decide if it is better just to buy her a 1 day pass or if I should go for a hopper.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Personally, I can't imagine doing Disney without a visit to Epcot! I would have to fit that in! I think I would get to Epcot early and spend half the day there, have lunch and maybe even dinner there (because they have the best food!), and then head over to MK for the evening since the EMH are there that night.

Or, you could do Epcot in the early part of the day, have lunch there, then take a break and relax at your resort for a couple of hours and then head over to MK for dinner and spend the evening there ... this is how we usually do two parks in a day.

Regardless, have a wonderful time! Wish I was going soon too! :mickey:

Jillirose
03-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I would have to agree with Disney Dreamer, I love EPCOT!

We have been twice at Easter and it was insanely busy one trip in particular- I think the park (MK) was at capacity or they closed the roads? It might have just been for non-Disney busses, because we were staying off campus that trip. It was gridlocked.

Nevertheless, we were able to do everything we wanted!

faline
03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Easter week is one of the busiest of the year and, yes, it is possible that a park or parks can reach capacity and close to additional incoming crowds. As difficult as it is, I'd suggest picking one park and spending your day in that park instead of trying to hop to two different parks. And, on a day that is likely to be extremely crowded, I'd probably go with Epcot (even though Magic Kingdom is my favorite) because Epcot tends to handle larger crowds more easily that than the Magic Kingdom does.