PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices

NYC WDW Fan
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey all,

We're visiting the Mouse in the near future and are debating what tickets to get.

This visit will only be for 3 days, but as DVC members we know we'll be back again at the very least in the next year or two. We're debating getting the 3 day ticket or the 10 day park hopper no expiration to take advantage of the savings.

The thing is, the prices look a little high right now. Does Disney fluctuate their pricing with the seasons and could we buy the 10 day at a better time?

Thanks!

Altair
03-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Ticket prices do not vary thoughout the year, but be aware a price increase could come along at any time.

We have never used the non-expiration option.
:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Disney tickets seem not to do anything but go up! Price increases seem to be common each year, usually in the late summer and/or January.

The 10-day ticket might make sense, but be sure that it will cover your future trip plans, as you can't add any more days to a 10-day ticket.

Enjoy planning your trip!

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2011, 11:37 AM
As DVC members you do get a discounted AP. We find that we need to spend at least 11 days at the parks over the year to make it worth the while buying the AP.

DizneyRox
03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Ticket prices will surely be going up. Unless you get the AP, I would say that that two non expiration tickets are your better bet.

Since you don't get a discount on MYW tickets, the no-expiration on a 10 day ticket is think will make the cost exceed that of an AP. We've found that even with no future trip planned, an AP is the way to go for us. We do 10+ day trips usually.

MarkC
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Ticket prices are normally increased the first week of August, and I honestly don't think they've ever decreased save for the occasional rare sale when combined with a package. Do the math on how many days you'll spend there and you'll know what's best for you.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-19-2011, 09:11 PM
If I can afford it, I always buy the 10 day with no expiration. Especially if you are flying in and only staying 7 days, you usually lose 2 days unless you plan your flights right. So you may only have 5 park days each trip. And the prices usually do increase around Aug.