PDA

View Full Version : Our Party of 9 Wilderness Trip Report Part 2

wildernesslady
03-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Tues, March 8 - Epcot day. We did have a bit of a wait for the bus this morning, but after that everything went smoothly. We first went and got fastpasses for Soarin and then explored future world. Today was one of our warmer days but it was comfortable. We loved the Flower and Garden festival. The topiaries are great and having flowers in bloom is a welcome site. My SIL was looking forward to Germany as he was stationed there before. It did not disappoint. The crowds seemed a little better here today. There seems to be more room to move around here. We had dinner at Via Napoli. Excellent food and service. After dinner we used our Soarin fastpasses and Test Track ones we had gotten earlier in the day. After our rides we were ready to head back home. I just love Epcot.

Wed. March 9 - We started the day renting Sea Racers. We tried to at the WL but we were given the incorrect opening time. The front desk told us 10 when it was actually 11. We decided to head to Epcot since this was our park for the day and rent them at the Yacht club. I think it is better renting from the WL. There is more room to roam. The kids loved it. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. After the racers, we went back to Epcot to hit all of the spots we missed. Our dinner that evening was at Teppan Edo. We had an older gentleman as our chef. When he was twirling the spatula he lost control and it crashed into mine and one daughters dipping sauce. It splattered over our place settings and a very little onto us. It was actually very funny. We were laughing and the poor thing was apologizing over and over. We finally did get him to laugh with us. I think every employee in the restaurant rushed to our table to take care of us. What great service they provided to us. This took place 2 nights before their earthquake and we could not stop thinking about them. I'm sure they have loved ones that are affected. After dinner, we kidnapped the grandsons and told my DD and DSIL to enjoy the night to themselves. The rest of us went back to the room to use the pool. Of course, this was the only night we had lightening and rain, so no pool for us. Luckily we had a jacuzzi tub in our room so we used that instead. The boys had their swimmies and googles on. They had a blast. Unfortunately for my DD and DSIL they got poured on and we had the ponchos. They did enjoy the evening and Illuminations though. There are many times I would rather be getting rained on in Disney than home at work. Another great day. We managed even with all the crowds.

Thur. March 10 - The rain continued until around 11:00 AM, but we had reservations for breakfast are Roaring Forks so we never left the resort until 11:30. We lucked out. This morning we started at AK. We had a great safari, did all the trails and some shows. After AK, we headed to MK for the rest of the day. We surprised everyone with the Wishes Dessert Party. We LOVED it. I would highly recommend it. The new Memories show on the castle is really good. We could not see all of the pictures because of our angle, but we got the general idea. How they change the castle is amazing. I know I'm being repeatative, but another great day. After the parade, we took the boat back home.

Fri. March 11 - Check out day. We headed over to the MK since we were not getting picked up until 2:00. We got fastpasses for big thunder and rode anything else we could. We had our last lunch back at he resort. Sad day!!

What a great time we had. The 2 bedroom worked out great for us. My DSIL is trying to figure out when he can go again. He said DW lived up to all the hype. This trip was a surprise Christmas gift to our family and they really enjoyed it. The kids were great. This was the 8 year olds 9th trip and the others first. The 3 year old is a ball of energy and kept us on our toes. The baby was the best behaved of all. He loves looking around at everything.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed. I have been home for a week and do not have any trips planned. I feel like I need a fix already. Reality hits you fast when you get back.

Pat

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Great report

faline
03-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Pat, thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'll bet your daughter and son-in-law loved having time to themselves regardless of weather!

That trip planning bug does strike again in short order after the end of one trip! I'm sure you'll be planning away again very soon!

buzznwoodysmom
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
That's funny I don't remember it raining on March 9th. That's my son's birthday and we spent the day at Islands of Adventure, then we went take a ride to see Celebration on our way back to WL. We had dinner at WCC this night. We were also staying at WL, and I don't remember rain. Maybe it was raining while we were in the room packing up to move to AKL, or while we were at dinner.

Your vacation sounds wonderful. We told ourselves we would take a two year leave from WDW after this trip, but we too, are trying to figure out when we'll go back. I can't believe a fellow intercot member was in WDW and staying at WL the same week as us. It really is a small world after all!

mouseketeer mom
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I love your positive spirit, sounds like you truely enjoyed each moment. I love reading about your fantastic trip, your report had a great energy about it!!

wildernesslady
03-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Pat, thanks for sharing your trip with us!

That trip planning bug does strike again in short order after the end of one trip! I'm sure you'll be planning away again very soon!

Im thinking this Let's M N O P may entice me to book my next trip. I'm guessing the M stands for Make or Meet? Any clues? I will keep checking.

wildernesslady
03-19-2011, 03:58 PM
That's funny I don't remember it raining on March 9th. That's my son's birthday and we spent the day at Islands of Adventure, then we went take a ride to see Celebration on our way back to WL. We had dinner at WCC this night. We were also staying at WL, and I don't remember rain. Maybe it was raining while we were in the room packing up to move to AKL, or while we were at dinner.

Your vacation sounds wonderful. We told ourselves we would take a two year leave from WDW after this trip, but we too, are trying to figure out when we'll go back. I can't believe a fellow intercot member was in WDW and staying at WL the same week as us. It really is a small world after all!

It started to drizzle on the way back from Epcot. Probably close to 7:00. We noticed the lightening on the bus and the pools were closed. I agree on taking a break from DW, but it is so hard to not have anything planned. I wish we would have run into each other. My family laughs when I tell them what I've read on these boards. It would have been great to have a live person back me up. You may have seen us. We were chasing a blonde 3 year old named Blakey all week. One morning he ran across the bridge in the lobby 15 times. I wish I had his energy. He is lucky he is cute. The lodge was great as always.

faline
03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Im thinking this Let's M N O P may entice me to book my next trip. I'm guessing the M stands for Make or Meet? Any clues? I will keep checking.

My lips are still sealed but they're beginning to loosen up a bit!! :secret:

pdrlkr
03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
03-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
What another couple of wonderful days, Pat. Your reports make me miss WL all the more!

What a truly memorable trip for you with DSIL's first trip (of many, I'm sure) as well as the kids' excitement surrounding you. Even the days when it rained sounded great.

Thanks for sharing with us all. I sure hope you're able to get back on that planning wagon soon! :mickey:

Mousefever
03-22-2011, 03:15 AM
I enjoyed reading your reports, Pat! I'm sure your daughter and her husband appreciated an evening without the kids, even if it rained. If you plan on surprising your family with another trip, I would like to make sure to be adopted before then! :mickey:

Amy

Momto3littlemice
03-22-2011, 12:17 PM
That all sounds wonderful. Since we were there at the same time (3/5-3/13) it was great to re-live it! We also spent the week chasing around a toddler... funny to hear that!

I had to laugh at your swimming/lightening story as that was the one night all us adults were going to go hot tubbing after the kiddos were in bed. So much for that! And, I agree -- I am desperate to be planning again. I have moved on to planning our cruise but I am a novice on that one!:mickey: