PDA

View Full Version : BLT & Lake View Rooms

Belster
03-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Hello..

Just wondering how the LV rooms are at BLT? Are their certain floors that are better than others?

This will be our first DVC stay we are so excited but total newbies. :mickey:

faline
03-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I stayed in Bay Lake Tower lake view rooms on my last two trips.

Last August, we stayed in a studio on the outside of the "U" where we had a lake view to the right and were treated to a Magic Kingdom view to the left!

Last month, I stayed in a 2-bedroom lake view room on the inside of the "U" where the view was of the pool and the lake beyond - no Magic Kingdom view this time!

Personally, I would prefer to be on the outside of the "U" regardless of whether I had the Magic Kingdom view. The lights around the pool area were lit all night long and that caused my room to be lighter than I would like. We did not have that issue on the other side of the resort.

We just requested a room on as high a floor as possible and left it at that.

laprana
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
We stayed in a 2-br lake view room at BLT last May and the view was great! Our room was on the 14th floor on the "inside" curve of the building, and it looked out over the courtyard, pool, and Bay Lake. We could watch the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony each night! As I understand it, there are a few Lake View rooms on the "outside" curve that give you a glimpse of the Magic Kingdom.

magicjasb
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
We stayed in a 2 bedroom lake view last August. Our room was the last one on the floor and outside of the U, but facing the Contemporary. It was incredible. We could see Epcot in the distance and could see the fireworks from Illuminations. We could also see the hot air balloon at Downtown Disney. We could see Expedition Everest from AK. We watched the Electric Water Parade and loved people watching! We could see the marina and two pools at the Contemporary. We could also see fireworks way off in the distance and weren't sure if they were from Universal? We loved it!

pox24
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Our second stay there in late Jan put us on the 5th floor facing the CR and the Marina. I liked it better than the 14th floor room we had looking over the pool. The walkway to the CR was just down the hall. It was Room # 7538. This Studio was remodeled and was awesome.

Belster
03-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Our second stay there in late Jan put us on the 5th floor facing the CR and the Marina. I liked it better than the 14th floor room we had looking over the pool. The walkway to the CR was just down the hall. It was Room # 7538. This Studio was remodeled and was awesome.

Wow!! Sounds great!! We have 2 LV studios...is there a certain floor that I should request so that we are close to the walkway? Are there any rooms or floors that are better???

Thanks for all of your help!!:mickey:

Dyanna
03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
We stayed 1 floor above the walkway floor in a dedicated 2 bedroom suite. The room we had was dead center of the 'U' Thought it was a great location. The only downfall of this room was that the trees in the pool area were too high to see the lake clearly so we took DD (4) downstairs lakeside to watch The Electric Water Paegant every evening as this was the best thing to her.

mjm12000
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
We had a Lake view on the outside of the U and we had a view of the Magic Kingdom to the left and to the right the lake, it was perfect, I believe we were on the 6th floor, but I can not exactly recall as it was a year ago.

TheBoxingGuru
03-21-2011, 09:03 PM
We are looking forward to our first stay at BLT in Sept.!!!!:thumbsup:

antnyh
03-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Be sure to request an even number room when you call member services. They added that to our ressie and we got it when we checked in on Sunday. Great view of Bay Lake and the CR. Watched the water pageant last night from the balcony!

RAIDER
03-22-2011, 04:07 AM
The best room we stayed in was ( sorry cant remember the number) ...But it was on the 12 floor south side and it was near the end of the building and every night we had a perfect view of the water pagent and on a clear day you saw Epcot . Every time we have gone since we have asked for the highest floor they have on the south side.

:thumbsup:

twinboyz
03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
We are looking forward to our first stay at BLT in Sept.!!!!:thumbsup:

We're going in May! First trip at BLT too! :cloud9:

Belster
03-24-2011, 05:02 PM
We're going in May! First trip at BLT too! :cloud9:

Yay!! Congrats!