PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's castle

ljgirl
03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Has anyone ever stayed at the castle? How far in advance do you have to book it? How many suites are there? One more questions...how much is it???

brownie
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
There is one suite and stays in it were given away during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

I believe those stays are no longer being given away and I don't believe you can make a reservation to spend the night in the castle. I did some searching but couldn't find anything on what they are currently doing with the suite. Hopefully some else will come along to assist.

sassy2000
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
There is only 1 suite in the castle but it is not available for public bookings. Last year they were giving it as the Year of a MillionDreams promo each night but I don't know if it is used at all now.

joonyer
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
With only one suite, if it was ever opened up for public reservations, the waiting list would immediately be more than 10 years, unless they priced it so high nobody but the really wealthy could afford it.
Even at $1,000 per night I would guess that it would be booked almost indefinitely into the future. By the time you could get in, your kids would be grown. So it really only makes sense for it to be used for promotional purposes, i.e contest winners, etc.

Ian
03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I was fortunate enough to stay in the suite back in 2007 during the YoaMD celebration and it was a truly amazing experience.

But I can tell you for sure that if they decided to rent it out (which I'm not sure they don't if you're a celeb or other big shot) it would cost at least $10,000 a night. The regular suites at the deluxe hotels go for like $2,500 a night and up. This suite is on par with (at least in terms of desirability) with the Bridge Suite at Atlantis (which opened at $10,000 a night and I'm sure it's more than that now) or the Kingpin Suite at the Palm in Vegas ($15,000 a night).

It's definitely not something the average Joe is going to be able to book unless it's for the splurge of a lifetime.

Scar
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Is the rumour that Tom Cruise got to stay there accurate? And if so, I wonder how much (or little) he paid.

ransam
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
I heard it is actually being used by celebrities, heads of state, etc....

Narawen
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Is the rumour that Tom Cruise got to stay there accurate? And if so, I wonder how much (or little) he paid.

I thought Disney didn't rent out the suite and the only reason they got to stay in it was because they rented out the entire park for a few hours.

Ian
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Is the rumour that Tom Cruise got to stay there accurate? And if so, I wonder how much (or little) he paid.Eh it's so hard to say. These rumors get really crazy over this stuff. I remember back when MJ was super-hot and it was well known he was a big Disney fan the big rumor was that he had his own apartment on Main Street USA.

The rumor about Cruise was that he traded some type of work for a night in the suite. I've heard the same rumor about John Stamos, only it was that he was willing to give a free appearance at WDW if he got a night in the suite and he was turned down.

There's no way of really knowing for sure, but I'd have to guess that it's not just sitting empty. I'm sure Disney is getting something out of their investment and my best guess would be they are renting it out for big bucks to celebs and other VIP types.

joonyer
03-18-2011, 03:29 PM
With only one suite, if it was ever opened up for public reservations, the waiting list would immediately be more than 10 years, unless they priced it so high nobody but the really wealthy could afford it.
Even at $1,000 per night I would guess that it would be booked almost indefinitely into the future. By the time you could get in, your kids would be grown. So it really only makes sense for it to be used for promotional purposes, i.e contest winners, etc.

Oops. You're right Ian. I meant to type $10,000 not $1,000. And even at $10,000, I bet the waiting list would be really, really, long.