PDA

View Full Version : princess breakfast

kgoulash
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
this will our first real visit for our daughter (she was 6 mo last time). i know she will love a princess breakfast but never having been to one (our oldest is a boy, we love ohana) could i get some feedback about cinderella's castle vs norway?

thanks! :goofy2:

magicalmom
03-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Norway looks a little more like a real European castle, Cinderella's looks more like a movie set. I preferred the food in Norway.

There's a photo op in the lobby of Cinderella's castle (Prince and fairy Godmother when we were there) but not at Norway when we were there.

We found the Norway experience to be more pleasant - less frantic, the character interactions were more fun, involving more conversations. The dining room at Cinderella's castle is a single round room, pretty good sized. The shape may contribute to the sense of noise and activity? The dining room at Norway is broken into several smaller areas, so the whole thing seemed calmer, which might be why I preferred the food?

Your little girl will probably adore either one -

biodtl
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
We have done and enjoyed both. We got plenty of time with the characters at both and both included the photo package.

We enjoyed the food at both, too. Meals are served at the table, but Akershus includes a cold buffet with meats, cheeses, pastries, and fruit.

The main difference is the cost. CRT is a signature dining experience, and will cost 2 TS credits on the dining plan vs. Akershus' 1 TS credit.

So it depends on what you are looking for - if you just want a chance to meet the princesses & have a nice breakfast, Akershus is great. but if you don't mind using the extra credits and want something a little more "magical", then CRT is great (the "magic" is in eating in the castle, plus they do a little wishing ceremony where all the kids get a wand).

sassy2000
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
I would pick Akershus simply for the price. It is cheaper then CRT if paying out of pocket and only cost 1 TS credit on the DP. You still get a picture package with the meal. Only difference is it is usually with Belle, where you get Cinderella at CRT. We have been to Akershus twice and have seen Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, and Cinderella there.

whitney37354
03-18-2011, 11:51 AM
We did both & enjoyed both. I would do CRT at least once, just to say I'd been in the castle. DD was 5 when we went & didn't seem more impressed with one over the other. I remember that she did love the bacon at CRT! I enjoyed not having to get up for a buffet at CRT. Character interaction was good at both places, but we just enjoyed CRT more.

kgoulash
03-18-2011, 12:42 PM
thank you for the input! :mickey:
we are looking to stay at the beach club so maybe norway will be the way to go

Fastpasssteve
03-19-2011, 03:14 AM
People I know really enjoyed Akershus in Norway. Great experience with multiple characters.

But, seriously...

at the other place, you get to eat IN THE CASTLE.

There is no downside to either choice. Your child will enjoy either immensely...which is why you're going, right?

GrmGrninGost
03-19-2011, 06:50 AM
The Norway breakfast is fine... if you can't get CRT! I mean, we're talking eating inside the castle at the Magic Kingdom! Everyone should do it at least once! :mickey: Also, when and if you do it, make your reservations early (before park opening). There is just something magical about walking down Main Street before the park opens and there's no one else around. Kind of gives you goose bumps!