PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Dining

lawgirl
03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Im thinking about booking at the Japanese pavillion...its just my husband and myself, and not sure if Teppan Edo is the way to go. The Tokya Dining looks pretty cool. Any opinions?

Can you see the fireworks if you book at 8:55 pm?

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
You will not be able to see Illuminations from Teppan Edo. Tokyo Dining is the way to go if you are more interested in seeing Illuminations while you eat than the dining experience itself. Tokyo Dining is at the front of the Japan pavilion, facing Illuminations. Teppan Edo is behind Tokyo Dining, in rooms that are walled off from the windows that face Illuminations.

Teppan Edo certainly provides a great experience with the cooking at the table, and the food is terrific (much better than it was before the relatively recent redo). I have eaten at Tokyo Dining, though, during Illuminations and the experience is fantastic. The food is very good, and being able to see Illuminations is great. The lights are turned down a bit and the music is piped in. The views are terrific (really, from anywhere, although asking for a table close to the window is even better).

I'd make it earlier than 8:55. You don't want to risk being seated late and ruining the point of making your reservation at that time. I'd say 8:15-8:30 would be good. Then take your time and enjoy. You'll be seated during Illuminations.

Enjoy!

SBETigg
03-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Tokyo Dining is really good. There's a choice of different styles of Japanese: sushi, tempura, and teppan style (just not cooked in front of you, as it is in Teppan Edo). I loved the Bento box for a sampling of lots of things. The views are good, not great from everywhere in the restaurant. You'll likely get a better view of Illuminations from outside around the lagoon if seeing Illuminations is a goal, but you might get one of the better view tables. There was a wait to be seated for us here, about half hour after our ADR.