PDA

View Full Version : Mid September birthday

Jotaky
03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm planning a surprise trip in the middle of September for my daughter's 13th birthday. I'm trying to come up with some new, special things to try that she would enjoy. I am hoping to get reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and do a visit to the spa. I'm having trouble deciding on dining - I will be using the dining plan for the first time. How crowded will it be at that time of year? Do I need to make dinner reservations for every night or will we be able to walk in without an overly long wait? And any suggestions on places to try? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2011, 10:48 AM
:welcome: to intercot!

Mid-September is a great time to visit, and generally crowds are quite low. But, it is always a good idea to book dining, as you don't want to be stuck missing out on a meal you were hoping for. Plus, if your plans change, you always make changes. Reservations start 180-days before, so you're well within the window to make them!

Hmmm, some special places? My DD (who will be 13 in a few weeks) likes 1900 Park Fare (she loves the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine), loves Bietergarten and Rose & Crown. They aren't the fanciest of places, but the ones she likes best.

Enjoy planning your trip!

mickey_M_lvr
03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Welcome! I don't have a 13 y/o yet. But we are going to be down there in mid-Sept and are praying for low crowds too. But I won't count my chicks before they hatch...:chick::chick: I plan on making a few ADR's (Advanced dining reservations) just in case we aren't the only people hangin out. LOL

I hope we both have great weather and a wonderful trip full of memories that will last a lifetime. :cloud9::mickey:

steamboat willy
03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm planning a surprise trip in the middle of September for my daughter's 13th birthday. I'm trying to come up with some new, special things to try that she would enjoy.

Just a bit more information to help on your daughters special day?
Sounds like you've both enjoyed Disney before?
Been there, done that?
Staying at a Disney Resort?

I think the WISHES Dessert Party sounds great!

Here's a few off my list for a 13 year old. :thumbsup:

Fireworks from Top of Contemporary Resort.
Boat ride to Fort Wilderness Resort followed by a horse back ride.
Evening at DTD with friends.
Diner at resturant of choice at World Showcase-Epcot.
Make sure to pick-up Birthday Pin at Resort or City Hall.
ENJOY Her Birthday.

Happy Birthday:party::music::princess::party2::fworks::w ishes:

faline
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Tea at the Grand Floridian?

Jotaky
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
We have been to Disney many times with family but I have never taken her alone. I'm hoping to give her some special, one-on-one time. We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge and her favorite park is still the Magic Kingdom. She isn't girly, not into princesses but not a tomboy either. I didn't know they have horseback riding - that might be fun. Will we be able to see the fireworks from our hotel? What about Whispering Canyon - we have never eaten there but since we will be right there, I was thinking of making reservations. She is a pretty picky eater!

NJGIRL
03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
The Whispering Canyon Cafe is alot of fun. We have gone twice and really enjoyed it both times. Just a warning......it is very loud in there!

My soon to be 13 yo loves the SciFi, even after going at least 10 times already.

What about the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour?

Have you done Kim Possible at EPCOT?

lovinmesomedisney
03-22-2011, 09:35 AM
We go every September, and just a warning, I would definitely make dining reservations. I don't know yet about this year, but every other year has been free dining and if you don't have reservations, you most likely will not be getting into the majority of the restaurants. If you have particular places you want to go to, make the reservations. Also, the past two years, we have noticed an increase in crowd levels. It is still very manageable, but there were some years we had no waits at all. That has definitely changed. There is the MNSSHP. She may enjoy that! We went last year, but once again, the crowd level was way higher than we had expected.