PDA

View Full Version : First Trip in 5 Years - CSR Tips Needed!

BelleBeauty
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
We booked! We booked! We booked a trip 11/17-11/23 of this year staying at Coronado Springs! This is my DH's first trip to WDW ever (being a DLR boy) and my first time back in quite a while. Also my first time ever staying at a moderate. Very very excited. Would love you suggestions or tips for CSR, especially the best rooms to request with standard view. I don't really know the layout of the resort, so not sure what to request. Don't mind a little walk, but want to make sure it is quiet when we are trying to sleep. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Have fun planning your trip!

I am going to move this thread over to accomodations, where all of the CSR experts can give you lots of tips.

sassy2000
03-16-2011, 03:43 PM
We love CSR! Such a beautiful resort. Both times we have stayed here have been in the cabana bldgs (I think 8A or 9a, whichever had the regular rooms and not suites) We loved it. It was a 2-3 minute walk to the main pool and a 5-6 minute walk to the food court. There are hammocks on the beach which my kids loved.

buzz2001
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Congrats on booking CSR!! The cabanas are my favorite area along with rancho 7b. Close to the main pool and bus stop #4 and a short walk to the main building.

crazygoalie39
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
We love CSR! We stayed in Casitas 1 both times. It's close to El Centro, Pepper Market, and the main bus stop and we never had any problems with noise. :mickey:

Melanie
03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm over Casitas. ;) The area is a little stale IMO. Favorite is definitely now Cabanas, with Ranchos a close second.

Really, the only thing Casitas has going for it is the close proximity to El Centro, and I realize that is important to a lot of folks.

BelleBeauty
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all of your help. Keep the suggestions going. I'm realizing I don't know anything about CSR. I'll have to get a property map and start figuring it all out!

MNNHFLTX
03-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Until recently I had only stayed in the Casitas buildings, but last month was assigned to the Cabanas (building 8A) and loved it! A very short walk to El Centro and with a lovely beach (with the aforementioned hammocks) overlooking the lake. A wonderful place to watch the sunset over the resort!