PDA

View Full Version : Ride/Attraction Sponsorship

SandmanGStefani24
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Obviously ride sponsorship is mostly done by larger corporations, as we can clearly see on the signage. However are they able to be sponsored by private parties?

Anyone have a rough idea what the cost would be? Or what some companies have paid for rides like Spaceship Earth?

It may sound silly but I always thought it would be great to sponsor an attraction at WDW when I retired or came into a large ammt of funds. It would be my way of giving back to a place that has given so much to me. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to be able to say, "that's my ride"? :D

Maybe it's just one of those things you think about "when I grow up"...lol:cloud9:

vicster
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Obviously ride sponsorship is mostly done by larger corporations, as we can clearly see on the signage. However are they able to be sponsored by private parties?

Anyone have a rough idea what the cost would be? Or what some companies have paid for rides like Spaceship Earth?

It may sound silly but I always thought it would be great to sponsor an attraction at WDW when I retired or came into a large ammt of funds. It would be my way of giving back to a place that has given so much to me. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to be able to say, "that's my ride"? :D

Maybe it's just one of those things you think about "when I grow up"...lol:cloud9:

I'm sure it's more than you want to know. I believe GM signed a 20 or 25 year contract for Test Track.

magicalmom
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Are there enough Intercotees that we could all chip in a reasonable amount and sponsor an attraction?

SandmanGStefani24
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Are there enough Intercotees that we could all chip in a reasonable amount and sponsor an attraction?

OMG!!! :number1:

What a great idea!!! I'd jump on board in a heartbeat!

vicster
03-17-2011, 08:38 AM

Count me in!!!

Dragongirlx
03-17-2011, 11:59 AM

I'd love to do that - count me in too

Ian
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Honestly guys, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but these sponsorship deals are in the tens of millions of dollars range per year. This is serious coin we're talking about.

I suppose if you were Bill Gates or Warren Buffet or someone like that you could afford a sponsorship, but an average Joe? Not a chance.

You'd need $100 million just for openers.

BrerGnat
03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Honestly guys, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but these sponsorship deals are in the tens of millions of dollars range per year. This is serious coin we're talking about.

I suppose if you were Bill Gates or Warren Buffet or someone like that you could afford a sponsorship, but an average Joe? Not a chance.

You'd need $100 million just for openers.

Wet blanket! Wet blanket!!! :D

If every registered user here donated a measly $3500, we'd have that $100M easy. ;)

SandmanGStefani24
03-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Wet blanket! Wet blanket!!! :D

If every registered user here donated a measly $3500, we'd have that $100M easy. ;)

Lol

But really, every attraction can't be 20M...
I'm sure stitch would be in the "bargain" or "clearance" aisle. :D

WDWfanatic742
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm sure stitch would be in the "bargain" or "clearance" aisle. :D

If you had to pick one ride, would you want THAT to be "your" ride?

Even if they would take 10 bucks for it. Maybe we could cover up the smell vents with duct tape so we wouldn't have to smell the chilli dog... :D