PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 3/9 - 3/12

dizzy123
03-16-2011, 12:52 PM
First few days in the parks were ok due to rain, after that - forget it! The parks are beyond crowded. On Saturday, we only got on 2 rides at Hollywood Studios! Never again will I go to Disney anytime around Spring Break. I thought we would have avoided the crowds since we went the first week in March, but no. Lots of cheerleader camps and LA people escaping Mardi Gras.
On a more positive note, we stayed at Animal Kingdom for 2 nights. Loved it. And we were upgraded to a Savannah room. Then, we moved to Coronado Springs to save $. Also really great- it's been remodeled since our last stay.
Did the meal plan for the first time - LOVED IT! Thats definately the way to go.
Dined in Germany at the Biergarten which was fun, and also Mama Melroses, which was good.
The Quick Service was nice because we didn't have to plan our day around reservations. (Only bad expierence was at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. - The waitress handed us our bill and demanded a tip! Obvisouly we were going to tip her, but because she asked, it was really akward and rude.)
If you are heading to the parks between now and Easter, just be prepared for long lines!

faline
03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh dear! Crowds and rain! That doesn't take a bit away from the experience, doesn't it?

Great choices on your accommodations! Glad you enjoyed them!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reports

pdrlkr
03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

ljgirl
03-18-2011, 12:46 AM
At Disney now and the crowds haven't gotten better. I hear they are setting record numbers!

PrettyMinnie
03-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the report! Sorry about the crowds and rain :( How unfortunate!

KylesMom
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
It's incredible how the reports of crowds just keep coming in - usually there's a lull between "winter break" and "spring break" crowds, but I haven't seen it this year! Every week seems like holiday crowds are in full force - without the holiday.

On a more positive note, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your accommodations and dining. Thanks for posting! :mickey:

wildernesslady
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
We were there 3/5 - 3/11. It was the busiest I have seen it in years. The rain only impacted us Wed. Pm into Thur. AM. We were lucky in that we were on the bus when it started on Wed night and had a breakfast ADR on Thur morning at our hotel. We never got wet. Friday was very chilly/windy though. Sorry you only got on 2 rides at DHS. There is no recession in Disney. Glad you liked the dining plan. We did use it this time and it worked out well for us.

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow asking for a tip is very rude, sounds like it still was a nice vacation. Thanks for sharing!