PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's for a NON meat eater?

luvDaMouse
03-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Is this even possible?:unsure: My DD does not really eat meat. Not a vegetarian but really does not like most meats. Has anyone had a veggie dish made for them there? If so what was made?

Dana
:mickey:

faline
03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
My daughter does not eat beef but will eat chicken and pork. We dined at O'Hana's a few weeks ago and we both left stuffed.

Pop Centurion
03-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Will she eat shrimp?
We don't eat red meat or pork & had more than enough to eat with the chicken & shrimp. Not sure what they would do as far as a pure veggie dish. They may just serve the other non meat items which are quit filling. But knowing Disney, I'm sure they'll come up with something good.

SBETigg
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I've seen trip reports with vegetarians at 'Ohana, in which the chef has made a special veggie dish for the table's vegetarians. Reportedly delicious, too. There are plenty of things to eat that aren't strictly the meat skewers, but they will make a special dish when asked.

BrerGnat
03-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Would your daughter be okay eating just the noodles, salad, bread, and steamed veggies? That might be enough. I know my older son isn't a "meat" person either, but he'd LOVE the noodles and broccoli and salad there and it would be more than plenty for him.

ElenitaB
03-16-2011, 10:55 PM
First, call and have them note on your ADR that there is a vegetarian in your party. The chef will come and talk to her about alternatives and preferences. Generally, they make a dish that consists of tempura vegetables, noodles and tofu. Huge and yummy! :thumbsup:

lighteningqueen
03-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Ohanas is awfully expensive if all you have is the vegetables.. They do not bring out enough in the first place to get full on. We stopped going there as the meat was dry and tough and tiny little veggie dishes for 7 of us. Never refilled them either.. You might want to go somewhere else where they have a menu to choose from..I only ate the salad and and they charged me 30.00 for it and did not refill our bowl up. I would have eaten some meat of any kind but they kept bringing me raw bloody meat and then burnt it up. No in between ..

Dulcee
03-17-2011, 06:54 AM
We love Ohana's but its silly to pay the full price for your daughter and have her only eat sides. Note ahead on your ressie for 1 vegetarian meal. Had a friend do this a few years ago and whatever it was they made her she loved. Your daughter will also get all the sides that are normally on the table.