PDA

View Full Version : May 2012

poohbear07
03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
This will be our first family trip and we wanted to come to disneyworld. Any tips or ideas on how to save? i think we want to stay at wilderness lodge since it is so close to magic kingdom. we are a family or 3 and my son will be 4 years old when we go.thanks

disney_daddy
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
The first thing we do is book with Magical Journeys. After you set up your initial trip with them, they keep track of all the different cost saving options for you. I see you want to stay at Wilderness Lodge, I'd also look at Beach Club. It is very nice and you can walk to Epcot and take a boat to Disney Studios. Check into the dining packages. If you fly, we fly Southwest and use Magical Express to get to and from Disney. If you drive there is a discount Disney Store in the mall to get discounted gifts. For drinks, we always buy plastic bottles, fill them with water and ice and add those single drink packets instead of buying drinks at the parks. Just a few tips that we do, hope they'll help.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I found that keeping eating down to once a month saves a lot of money

sassafras
03-16-2011, 11:00 AM

That seems a little extreme!:D

WishingStar2006
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Added bonus....looking great at Blizzard Beach and Typhoo Lagoon!!! ;)

We empty all of our change EVERY day into a bucket. It's amazing how fast that adds up!!!

LVT
03-17-2011, 07:55 PM
1. AAA and disney travel agent
2. Visa Disney rewards card
3. Value resorts
4. Share some meals
5. Drive to WDW
6. Pre-pay for room and tickets as able, using the Visa card

Plan: using this site and unofficial guide

You are on the right track.