PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club in early November--sell me on it!

tinksmom02
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello, Great Brain! :mickey:

So it's about that time of year again, time when I start jonesing for a Disney fix LOL I definitely know we're vacationing somewhere in early November (yes, during the *dreaded* NJ week); I already have the time off from work.

I'm looking at the Beach Club for various reasons, mainly the walk to epcot and Stormalong Bay. Those of you that have stayed there, can you spread some Beach Club love? What are some good sections to look into?

Also, what's the weather typically like in early November? Is swimming even a possibility?

Oh, and also :blush: I know there's absolutely no way to know for sure, but what do you suppose the odds are that a discount will come up for that time frame?

If you're still reading this, I thank you for your patience and your advice!

brownie
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
It's been a while since we've stayed there (1994). We do make it back each trip because we enjoy Cape May Cafe for breakfast. We liked being able to walk to Epcot. Our room overlooked the quiet pool at the end near Epcot, which was nice since we were closer to walk to Epcot.

We were able to swim for several days at the beginning of our trip following Thanksgiving last year. In 2003 it didn't really get warm enough for us to swim during that time. I can't say what the weather is typically like during the rest of November.

If we could, we would stay at the Beach Club every trip. We like the atmosphere and the location.

pox24
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Our weather here in November is swimmable. It can be cool, low 70's by our standards. Its a great month to visit, just before Thanksgiving is great, low crowds and a lot of Xmas decoration are already up. Any resort on Crescent Lake is great because of the proximity to Epcot and the Studios. The abendance of great places to eat all within a 10 minute walk makes this resort area one of the best. We find the BC is a more family oriented resort than the rest. Any room view is good, this resort is not so huge like some where you are a great distance from a meal or shopping. Book your room and take me with you!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks to both of you! I know we'd love the Beach Club. I am a little leery of the weather, though. Seems that any trip we take other than September is COLD. Check my sig, but we've had our share of freak cold snaps when it's supposed to be seasonably mild.

How do you all find the transportation to other parks? Does BC share with YC and/or Boardwalk?

pox24
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Although we drive up to WDW we like to use its transportation, but not the buses. To AK there is no choice, however here is what we do.From the BC we boat to the Studios, walk to Epcot, and enter Epcot from World Showcase walk to the main entrance and tale the monorail to the MK. Its like a little adventure. It'll take about half an hour or more, but its better than waiting for the bus and being a piled in like cattle. The monrail ride and views are great. It may not be your cup of tea, however try it just once.

brownie
03-16-2011, 12:47 PM
How do you all find the transportation to other parks? Does BC share with YC and/or Boardwalk?

You can walk to Epcot and even to Disney's Hollywood Studios. There are also water taxis available to take you to both of those parks.

I'm not sure how the buses are since we haven't stayed there for quite a while. We have found it easier to use our own car most of the time, so we rarely use the Disney transportation (we do get some monorail rides in, though!) Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to help you out with your transportation questions.

floridamom
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Love Beach Club and Yacht Club. :mickey:

Weather-wise, early November can vary a lot, but the average high is in the upper 70s or around 80. We just returned from BC last week, and were in the pool when the outside temp was about 78. It got a little chilly waiting in line for the water slide, but the pools were heated quite nicely, and the hot tubs felt wonderful at the end.

Our room was at the far end of BC, closest to Epcot. There was a building exit at that end that we used each time, and we were at the International Gateway in no time. Honestly, it seemed like the walk to Stormalong Bay was longer than the walk to Epcot.

Boat service is available to the Studios, and bus service to AK and MK. I think we shared a bus with YC and were the last stop on the way to the park, but also the last stop on the way back. But we never waited long at the park for a BC/YC bus.

I can't speak specifically to the availability of discounts for your situation, but I will say that as Florida residents and passholders, we have only ever stayed at Disney resorts with a discount of some sort. So I'd say your chances for something or another popping up are pretty good.

MarkC
03-16-2011, 01:44 PM
The water is usually heated too so you'll be able to swim. Plus there are two hot tubs in the main pool and more in the quiet pools. We love everything about the Beach Club, especially Stormalong Bay and the short walk to Epcot.

Consider yourself warned-- you may never want to stay anywhere else after staying here. My wife swore she never would leave PORS until we tried this place. Now its by far our favorite.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Can't really comment on the resort having never stayed there, but I am sure you can swim in November. My son always swims on our December trips...even once when it was very cold because the pools are heated.

one2goofy
03-17-2011, 09:25 AM
We just got back yesterday from our first stay at the Beach Club. It is by far our new favorite resort!! Incredible rooms, incredible pools and such a short walk to EPCOT. You will not be disappointed!