PDA

View Full Version : Rides at Night

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I saw on another thread about Jungle Cruise being better at night...we have typically rode rides during the day and spent evenings watching shows, eating and shopping...we are thinking we will get to do some nighttime rides at Epcot and Magic Kingdom next trip so what are the best things there for nights?

MOJoe
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
At MK, most of the rides that are better at night have some outdoor component. Jungle Cruise is perhaps the best example, but others include..

Astro Orbiter
Dumbo
Cindy's Carousel
Big Thunder
Splash Mountain

And even Haunted Mansion, even though it's a dark indoor ride, gains from the benefit of approaching in darkness.

PopPhan
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
At MK, most of the rides that are better at night have some outdoor component. Jungle Cruise is perhaps the best example, but others include..

Astro Orbiter
Dumbo
Cindy's Carousel
Big Thunder
Splash Mountain

And even Haunted Mansion, even though it's a dark indoor ride, gains from the benefit of approaching in darkness.

And don't forget the PeopleMover in Tomorrowland!! Great ride at night!!!

JPL
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I agree with all the choice for the Magic Kingdom but would like to add Test track to the list for Epcot :thumbsup:

WDWPrincess
03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
In general, the Magic Kingdom is much better at night - the atmosphere and lighting are fantastic

paragon
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Big Thunder Mountain is always more fun at night! We try a night ride every trip.
I actually rode Astro Orbiter for the first time ever last year (after over 20 trips )and thought it was awesome, with the view of all the lights.
I also thought that the tea cups were cool at night too.

In DHS, Tower of Terror is also very cool at night.

Ms. Mode
03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Splash Mountain is wonderful at night! The castle is very pretty and if you time it just right you get a great view of the fireworks. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
I've always wanted to ride Everest at night, but with Animal Kingdom rarely closing past 5pm and with it no longer having EMH nights I don't see how that will happen...

Narawen
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Splash Mountain and BTMRR are both awesome at night. Once, I was riding Splash and got a great view of Spectromagic, right before we dropped. Views of the castle are great too.

BrerGnat
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
World Showcase is WAY more fun at night! Really fun, upbeat music in each pavilion, all the unique lighting, and all the great food/drink kiosks all around make it a really festive time.

I agree that Test Track is really fun at night too!

At MK, my favorite rides at night are:

Astro Orbiter
TTA
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Big Thunder Mountain

jaredkari
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I can't say I differ with anyone on this thread. MK does turn into something completely different at night.

Big Thunder almost has a Space Mountain feel in that it is hard to see the next turn. Really Awesome.

Jungle Cruise is so much more thrilling. In the temple it is pitch black!!

Even though HM is inside it is still cooler to ride at night.

TTA also is great.

Man you guys are making me sick here sitting at home and not at WDW!!!! :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
03-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Actually, I can't think of ANY ride that isn't the same (Inside rides) or better at night - except Tom Saywer's Island whoch usually closes at dusk.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, I feel like I've really missed a lot, we've never riden rides at night, just ate and watched shows...thanks for the info:doh:

Imagineer1981
03-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd say as a whole, Tomorrowland itself is cooler at night. The lights and music really make it feel more futuristic than it does during the day.

And most importantly...at night there is no hot sun bearing down on you if you are in line :)

ShinynewJB
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Can't recommend riding Splash Mountain at night enough! Try and time it so that you're on during Wishes as well. Awesome.

ryca1dreams
03-15-2011, 04:09 PM
I'd say as a whole, Tomorrowland itself is cooler at night. The lights and music really make it feel more futuristic than it does during the day.

I agree. All the lands take on a different "feel" at night, but especially Tomorrowland. It's my favorite. Epcot is way better at night than in the daytime, as far as I'm concerned, especially World Showcase.

Evil Genius
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I'll add an unusual one:

The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House

Time your trip through the tree house to cooinside with the fireworks and you really can have a special view and alone moment there as almost nobody will be venturing in there after dark.

Plus, it's just a little creepy at night!

PrettyMinnie
03-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Big Thunder Mountain is always more fun at night! We try a night ride every trip.
I actually rode Astro Orbiter for the first time ever last year (after over 20 trips )and thought it was awesome, with the view of all the lights.
I also thought that the tea cups were cool at night too.

This is an absolute MUST! After experience BTMR at night back in 2007, there is simple no other way!

Others we life are Splash and Dumbo. Really any ride is better at night, give it a shot!

Donald
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I've always wanted to ride Everest at night, but with Animal Kingdom rarely closing past 5pm and with it no longer having EMH nights I don't see how that will happen...

It is awesoe at night!! You can see the Yeti so much better since your eyes are already dilated.

I miss it already!:mickey:

abillion13
03-15-2011, 11:58 PM
I've been on the Jungle Cruise at night and yes, the boat captain is much funnier! The Tower of Terror queue is so much better after dark...

All parks at night are exceptionally magical with the beautiful lighting. Has anyone stopped to watch the Epcot Future World fountain do its musical water ballet with the colored lights? It is quite something spectacular and well worth the down time to wait for it:party:

crazygoalie39
03-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Night time at WDW is one of my favorite things ever. It just seems like it transforms into something even better. Big Thunder and Splash Mountain are great at night. Like someone else said HM is also great at night just because it enhances the "spooky" atmosphere. Same for ToT at DHS. As for Epcot, I really like the WS at night.

joonyer
03-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Riding Splash Mountain at night during Wishes is really cool. A truly Magical Disney experience. The first time we experienced it like that was by accident. Now we plan it on at least one of our MK night visits every trip.

DANAM
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
If you have children, my kids have always loved Astro Orbiter at night. We do it every trip. You see the Park in a whole new way.

MarkC
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Riding Splash Mountain at night during Wishes is really cool. A truly Magical Disney experience. The first time we experienced it like that was by accident. Now we plan it on at least one of our MK night visits every trip.

Agree with that. We were riding once and came around the bend and saw a big blast of fireworks. Everyone in our boat went "whoa!" at the same time.

elmjimmlm
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I think any park at night is better...If the ride you love is partially outside then after dark will make it that much better...:mickey:

KatieDuck22
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Splash mountain and big thunder are by far the best! During wishes when the crowds are over by the castle hop on splash and catch a glimpse of them from high up before the park closes! its minimal waiting and breathtaking.

BrerGnat
03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Has anyone stopped to watch the Epcot Future World fountain do its musical water ballet with the colored lights? It is quite something spectacular and well worth the down time to wait for it:party:

That's one of my favorite "things" at the entire WDW resort. I LOVE the colored water at night. It's so beautiful!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
This is going to be a fun new thing for us next trip, thanks for all the tips