PDA

View Full Version : First Visits and Birthday, something extra?

Disneymamaof5
03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
We are taking our 2 5 y/o's (not twins) to WDW for the 1st time in May. Before they start Kindergarten in August. :mickey:
It just so happens that we are going down 4 days after my DH's bday. The first full day we will be there will be my DS's Bday! :party: and we will be going to MK that day! Also the next day will be Mother's day. :secret: (I'm leaving anything special for That One up to DH). *hint hint* ;)
But I was wanting some ideas of what I could do or order for my DS (DD will be there as well) for either when we arrive to be in the room or whatever.....

I thought about ordering a Celebration Cake for his birthday lunch (Liberty Tree) but I've heard that they are basically just frozen sara lee type cakes, or have stuff waiting in the room for him (something for DD too so it's not like she is completely left out). example: a Birthday hat, couple toys, etc.
I thought about also taking stuff to set out for when we leave the room on his Birthday to be waiting for him when we get back in the evening! :party2:

I don't want to spend a lot......:shrug:
I need ideas! :confused: lol

Disneymamaof5
03-16-2011, 10:20 AM
here are my options so far.....

Order a "Celebration Cake" and have with Lunch (Liberty Tree). dinner is at Park Fare.

Ship some Disney themed stuff down a head of time so it is waiting on us at the resort.

Order some mouse ears and maybe a couple of other little things to be in the room when we arrive (a day BEFORE his birthday)

See if they can have some things put in the room while we are gone to MK.

Or we could go buy some things and either myself or dad could go put them in the room without him knowing in the morning so they will be there for when we come back in the evening.

I need ideas people!! Please help. I am going to call the Disney florist line today too, and see if they can offer any suggestions.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
We've been a couple of times for birthdays, and usually do a combination of having the Disney florist deliver something while we're out at the parks (a bit pricey, but we've never had any issues with them), brough some things from home (or bought things while at the parks and "snuck" them back to leave out overnight).

On DD's last birthday trip, we had the Disney Florist deliver to 1900 Park Fare (her birthday dinner). The servers delivered it to her during the meal, and the look on her face was priceless. As they walked by with it, she said "some lucky girl is getting that present", and then they turned around and gave it to her. So, that is also an option, having something at one of the b-day meals.

I wouldn't worry too much about a cake, they usually have a free birthday dessert, like a cupcake or a sundae, and the results on the cakes are usually only "so-so".

Disneymamaof5
03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you! I love that idea of having them deliver it to dinner!!

brownie
03-16-2011, 12:59 PM
I am going to call the Disney florist line today too, and see if they can offer any suggestions.

The Disney Florist is online, too, so you can go to their website and see their offerings and order if there's something you like. We ordered online for our friends on our trip last year and it was delivered right to their room without a hitch.

FriendsofMickey
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
We went down last year for my girls birthday (they are twin). I brought stuff to decorate the room with me and a couple of gift bags. I went shopping while my dh took them to another store and purchased a couple of items for them to open on their big day.

I decorated the room after they fell asleep the night before.

PETE FROM NYC
03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
You can request HAPPY BIRTHDAY buttons for them to wear. They are available either when you check in to your resort, or from guest relations at any park.
We were there the last two Septembers for DWs birthday, and you would not believe how many people wished her a happy birthday, both cast members and WDW guests.
I think that your kids would get a big kick out of that.

Fastpasssteve
03-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Two trips ago, the friends with which I was travelling made arrangements with Disney Florists to have a couple of balloons, a Disney guide book (love it!), four Mickey-shaped rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, and my first Mouse Ears with my name perfectly stitched.

It made me feel so special. It was one of the least expensive things they offer, but the gesture was a touching start to a wonderful week. Give it a shot. Somewhere around $40.

TinksGoofyMom
03-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Celebrated my DD 7th bday @WDW. I looked into the gift pkg but was too $$ for the incl. gifts. I ordered from the Disney online outlet and bought disney things at local stores. I used gift bags instead of boxes. My older son went to the room first & left tink ears and tink autograph book on the bed for her. On the morning of bday i got up early and left things by the door. She was thrilled. I spent less than $50 but she felt like a princess. Even the dollar store has disney notebooks, markers, etc. They are easy to slide into your suitcase and my daughter's reactions were worth it.

Disneymamaof5
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you So Much for all your ideas!!!! :)

sherriepaul
03-28-2011, 03:05 PM
We are going to WDW for my twins 7th birthday, we will be arriving 5 days after their birthday, and I'm trying to think and figure out what I want to do to celebrate this as well! Great ideas! Thanks everyone!