PDA

View Full Version : Asking for some pixie dust....

Dsnygirl
03-14-2011, 01:14 PM
So, here I am again... just like many of you, a "repeat requestor" of pixie dust for my DH and his job. :(

Last January, my DH was laid off from his position and thankfully, was able to find a new job by March at a company that a friend was able to get him into. The understanding was that the position was part-time & temporary, as it was a newly created position just for my DH, to see if they could integrate what he does into how they run their projects. It became full-time, although still temporary, in August... and although that was good, my DH still has not really ever felt like what he was doing was a good fit for what they needed.

So -- no big surprise when his "yearly review" happened and his two bosses, of which one was the friend who brought him into the company -- said things just weren't going as well as they'd hoped.

Because of this, they want to help him find something else within the company -- or outside of it. Bottom line?? He has 4 weeks left in his current position, within which time they will help him look within & elsewhere -- but after those 4 weeks, he is going to essentially be laid off. Again.

He's hopeful - and scared - at the same time... this is the third time we've done this, and it's never gotten any easier. We have a lot we can change, cancel, move around and handle with our finances to make it work if he ends up out of work, but it's just so hard... as all of you know who have been there.

Not to mention a Disney vacation to postpone... which is fine, I'll do whatever it takes to take care of our family... but it's just one more layer of sadness I'm hoping won't have to happen.

So, any and all good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust would be appreciated... it's certainly gotten us through our fair share of "stuff" the last 5 years!!

:thanks:

clausjo
03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Lots and lots of prayers and pixie dust for your family. This is such a difficult thing to go through. I hope things will work out and your husband is able to find something in the next few weeks.

Best of luck!

faline
03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Blythe: I'm so sorry this position did not work out for him! Hopefully, he will soon find something that really is a good fit for him!

I know you were looking forward to your trip this summer and hope it all works out for you and your family!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

cather74
03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm so sorry!:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Hang in there!

BluewaterBrad
03-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Good luck and God bless.:mickey:

laprana
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: to you and your DH! I hope he ends up finding an even better job that is a great fit for him! Hang in there! :hug:

Dsnygirl
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys... he had some good conversations with some contacts he's made within the company this afternoon, so hopefully those conversations will continue over the next few days and lead somewhere. He sounds hopeful, at least, so that is a good thing.

Thanks for all the pixie dust and good thoughts -- every bit helps!! :hug:

Melanie
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Blythe, I'm so sorry to hear this. You know my best thoughts are with you guys! :fingers:

DisneyorBust
03-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry to read about the empoyment trouble, hopefully something that fit's your husband is just around the corner.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

RedSoxFan
03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

CanadianWDWFan
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear this Blythe. You know that I feel for you guys. Hopefully the contacts and conversations he has will pay out.

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm thinking of you all, Blythe, and sending loads of Pixie Dust.

ElenitaB
03-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Pixie dust on its way for the Pirate! :pirate: (Me thinks a little rum might help right around now too.)

Dsnygirl
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
(Me thinks a little rum might help right around now too.)

:thumbsup: :D

Thanks for all the continued pixie dust... my DH
said he felt it for sure today, as positive conversations continued and guys he's worked with rallied around him. (The head of one dept. actually burst out laughing when my DH's current boss stopped by to see him... he said he was the 5th person to stop by.... :thumbsup:)

So... here's hoping things continue to go down a positive path for him and they can find a spot for him!!

Mousefever
03-16-2011, 03:34 AM
It sounds like the people around your hubby know he's made of quality stuff! Here's hoping that he finds a great job that he enjoys!

Amy

(P.S. Blythe, why does your signature say October 2010, when the others are 2012? Not that I have any idea what LMNOP is. :secret:

Dsnygirl
03-16-2011, 03:37 AM
(P.S. Blythe, why does your signature say October 2010, when the others are 2012? Not that I have any idea what LMNOP is. :secret:

:blush: Whoops.... guess that was me still wishing we'd been there in October 2010.... ;) Going to go change it now... (and keep watching for details! :D)

TheVBs
03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Lots of :pixie: for you guys! I think it's wonderful that he's getting so much positive feedback at work and they're trying to find him a position. Still, I can imagine how stressful this must be for your whole family. Here's hoping things get worked out quickly!

MNNHFLTX
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Much :pixie: coming your way, Blythe. I hope your husband a better and more satisfying position soon!

Kona
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Yea, its hard, very, very , hard, but just continue to give him support and never give up.:pixie:

IloveDisney71
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
:pixie:Here's some pixie dust for your husband. I'm wishing your DH lots of luck!

Dsnygirl
03-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Yea, its hard, very, very , hard, but just continue to give him support and never give up.:pixie:

Thank you for that reminder... sometimes it's hard to not just throw your hands in the air and say, "Really??" ;)

He's still working to find something within the company he's currently with, but as the week has gone on, I think his hope has dwindled a bit and he's planning on contacting some headhunting agencies next week, just to get the lay of the land out there. He's going to look around here, but he's also thinking of expanding his search to some areas we've considered in the past, but never really seriously explored. So -- we'll see... keeping all options open at this point!

Thanks for all the continued encouraging words from everyone!

:thanks:

Dsnygirl
03-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Just wanted to say another :thanks: to everyone for the continued pixie dust and good thoughts, prayers... it looks like my DH will probably be able to keep a position at his current company, moving from one group into another in a lateral move. Nothing is definite yet, it has to be approved by the CFO this week, but it's certainly the best news we've had yet, and I want to keep the positive vibes flowing!! :high5: :dance:

laprana
03-30-2011, 10:07 AM
That's excellent news! I'm sending some more :pixie::pixie: your way and keeping my fingers crossed for you and your DH! I hope it all works out!

Dsnygirl
04-01-2011, 12:15 PM
:party: So, it looks like my DH is all set... he is making a lateral move to another dept., keeping his current status for the next 3 months, and then he'll get moved to the "correct status" at that point. This way, no job needs to be posted within the company, etc., and it can happen quickly and easily. :) :) He's really excited, as this move puts him into more of a position he'd like to be doing (project controls in an engineering firm, but on the financial side...) and gives him more mobility in the future. This company is such a good one, I'd really like to see him be able to make a go of it there long-term!

(and on the lighter side, our trip to Disney in August is no longer in danger... :blush: :D :woohoo: :blush:)

faline
04-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Blythe, what wonderful news and what a relief for you and and your family! I'm hoping you go out to dinner or do something to celebrate! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
04-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey Blythe this is so good to hear! I am really glad that everything will work out for you two and the girls. Still thinking of you all and sending :pixie: for a great August trip!

Melanie
04-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Great news Blythe! :thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Great news Blythe! So happy for your family. Now you can get back to planning that August trip! :thumbsup: Still planning on driving?