PDA

View Full Version : EMH & Crowds Plan

DisneyTopper
03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone. I am in the process of planning a trip in mid-June for my family.

I am planning on NOT purchasing the park hopper option (due to cost) and would like plan a strategy in avoiding as many of the lines as possible.

Since this is our fifth trip, we are not obsessing about seeing and doing every single ride/attraction. But would like to avoid as much of the crowd as we can.

Would the best stategy be to attend the park that is having the evening EMH in the morning? My thought is that most folks would be holding off going to that particular park until later in the day to take advantage of EMH?

And since we are staying on property, we can also take advantage of the EMH that evening if we want to (since we won't be able to hop there from another park)

What are your experiences? Thanks so much!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
We find that we now tend to avoid the park that is having EMH's. The morning ones aren't too bad, but the evening ones still seem to be a zoo, and the park gets so crowded in the afternoon, that it just isn't worth it.

So, I would do either:
1. go to the park with morning EHM. Stay until it gets crazy busy, take a break at the resort and then head back later in the day once crowds are back to normal.
2. avoid EMHs all together. I know some people like to go to the park that had EMH the night before, figuring that it won't have as many resort guests.

crazygoalie39
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
There are many different factors that go into which park will be the busiest on which day and EMH is definitely one of them. We have used that strategy a few times and it usually works out for us. :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I would say go to the park that has morning EMH and stay until it gets busy, then head back to the resort and rest or take a dip in the pool. And then if you want, go back to the park in the evening and hopefully the crowds went down. It's true that the evening EMH tend to be busier, unless you are willing to stay out really late in MK. :mickey:

MarkC
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Agree that if you use morning EMH and get there within a few minutes of the early open hour, you can get a ton done in a hurry. The other good strategy is to go a park the morning after it has an evening EMH. In other words, if MK has it on Wednesday evening, most people won't go right back on Thursday morning so crowds are often at their lowest. Good luck.

DisneyTopper
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
That's great advice, thanks so much. I am glad I asked!

MOJoe
03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
The other good strategy is to go a park the morning after it has an evening EMH. In other words, if MK has it on Wednesday evening, most people won't go right back on Thursday morning so crowds are often at their lowest. Good luck.

This is most likely the best advice. Going to a park that has any EMH is a guaranteed crowd at some point in that day. And without the abilitly to hop, you would be stuck. Better to zig when everyone else zags. Go to the park that had EMH the previous day.

JPL
03-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Since you are not hopping i would suggest you avaoid any park with EMHs they always tend to be much more crowded. The exception would be DHS morning EMH. This is the one I would take advantage of simply to ride TSM.