PDA

View Full Version : Pretrip 5/6-5/13

cmshelton1979
03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
We have everything set up for our trip in May.

Staying at Pop Century

Cast:
Dad(me): 32(going four days after I turn 32, so this will be my first birthday down at DW :) )
Mom: 29
DD: 5
DS: 5 (turning 5 on our day at MK)

May 6: Leaving Indy and arriving at MCO @ 245pm. Have reservations for the Yachtsman at 650 pm...hoping to get some pool time in either before or after dinner

May 7: MK (DS 5th bday) Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and Dinner at Park Far(since the park closes early I am sure we'll get some more pool time in)

May 8: AK Lunch at Tusker (we've never done this before...we usually eat breakfast here, but were unable to get ressies) Dinner at Artist Point(our favorite place to eat since we stayed at WL for our honeymoon)

May 9: HS Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, Lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at Mama Melrose (the only park where we are eating all 3 meals)

May 10: Swim, DTD, Laundry Day..Lunch at T-Rex, Dinner at Mickeys Back Yard BBQ

May 11: Epcot Breakfast @Kona Lunch @ Coral Reef and Dinner @ Teppan Edo

May 12: DTD and MK: Breakfast @ Olivia's Lunch @ Planet Hollywood Dinner @ Cinderella's Castle

This is the first trip for these two children. We have a total of 6 children...so we have to take them down in groups of 2...not exactly how we'd like to do it, but finances say this makes it more possible and besides I get more trips in this way :mickey:

faline
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Great trip you have planned! Enjoy the birthday celebrations! :party: Don't forget to get Birthday buttons!

Disney4us2
03-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Looks like you planned a great trip. Have a fun trip :mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Looks like you have a great family vacation planned! Hope that you have a great birthday celebration in the "World" !

vizsla
03-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

CanadianWDWFan
03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Have a great time. I know your kids are going to LOVE it!:mickey:

KylesMom
03-15-2011, 03:39 PM
You have quite an ingenious way of making certain all of your children get their "turn" going to Disney World - love it!

I'm sure you'll find the next two months will fly and you'll be there before you know it. You've got some great dining locations lined up - I'm partial to Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose & TRex. :D

I know your trip will be a magical one, especially with DS's birthday falling in the mix. Make sure you post upon your return how everything turned out. Until then, happy counting down! :mickey:

cmshelton1979
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
31 Days!!!!!! :mickey:

Disneymamaof5
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
I can hardly WAIT!!! :cloud9:
We are half packed up already with lots of extra planned for the little ones for when we arrive, such as decorating the room before the kids get to the room while dad (cmshelton) takes them to explore the resort. I have personalized hats that arrived yesterday that will be sitting out waiting for them!
And for DS's birthday, I have more decorations and presents to be set out before the kids get up (or are in the shower)!
I'm so excited!!! :mickey:

Joannelet
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Have a wonderful trip! Great way for each child to experience Disney! We will be at the world the same time! Enjoy!

cmshelton1979
04-18-2011, 09:59 PM
17 days :mickey::mickey:

KatieDuck22
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Your going to have a blast!

Ilovemesomedisneymom
04-19-2011, 07:25 PM
We will be there at the same time and we are from Greenfield.

Wish we could leave on May 6th but my DS, 21, is in a production of Joseph at Muncie Civic Theatre. Last show is Saturday, May 7th. So arrive at the airport 5:30 on May 8th and arrive at MCO around 9:45.

Dinner at Epcot at the Germany place (forgot the name)

May 9-MK Crystal Palace for breakfast
May 10 - Sci-Fi at HS
May 11 - Rainforst Cafe
May 12 -Hollywood and Vine
May 13 - Haven't decided
Back to MCO for 9:49 pm flight out arrive at Indy at 11:54 pm

May 15 - Kids perform as the Wizard of Oz characters at the Kids Day at the Circle for the 500.

Busy week

cmshelton1979
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
By this time in 4 days I will be riding on ME :mickey:

Ramblingman
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Happy Birthday, and Happy Early Birthday to your son.

I know everyone is getting excited. It's only days away now! We will be following y'all in two weeks, and we are getting worked up here too.

Enjoy!

cmshelton1979
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
27 hours and i will be on the plane leaving Indy for "home" :mickey::number1::mickey::party:

cmshelton1979
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
In the airport waiting to board now. Its finally here!!!

KylesMom
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Have a great flight & a wonderful trip! :mickey:

cmshelton1979
05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
We had a wonderful trip!! I will post a full detailed trip report asap!!!

mouseketeer mom
05-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to hear about your trip! You had many ADR's in the days, and I wondered how that all flowed!

cmshelton1979
05-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I had ADRs everywhere...only one had one mishap...but it ended up working out. I think this is the last time that we are doing the Deluxe Dining though, it feels like we spend the entire trip eating!!! I think our next trip we're going to do the middle tier of dining. We've done the Deluxe for the last 3 trips and this time, we just got sick of eating and throwing so much away.

cmshelton1979
05-18-2011, 06:12 PM
We flew out at 12:30pm and the kids were super excited. This was their first time ever flying. We arrived at MCO and walked to ME and were able to catch the very first bus. We arrived and it was raining when we landed, this was the only time in 8 days that it would rain. It stopped raining by time we made it on to ME. We got to POP and I don’t know who was more excited, me or the kids(trip #8 for me, everytime I get down there on that first day I am so excited). We got checked in received all of our celebrating buttons (2 first timers, 2 birthdays, and a personal triumph). DW ran ahead back to the room to decorate the room with the stuff we UPS’d down. I took the kids and explored all the pools with them.

Taking two 5 year olds and looking at the pools and telling them we can’t go swimming isn’t fun or easy. I wanted to swim just as bad as they did. We were unable to swim though, we forgot to pack our suits in our carry on luggage. We went back to the room and the kids had their surprises in the room, DW even surprised me with a gift too. We went with out to the pool again and just put our feet in until it was time to go to our first ADR, Yachtsman…Our bags still had not arrived yet. I had to go to dinner in my jeans, which I wasn’t excited about (it was like 88 degrees out). We got on the bus to HS and took the boat from their over to dinner.

We went in and were sat within 10 minutes. The food was so good. I had the porter house and I did not leave anything on my plate by time it was all done. They came and sang happy birthday to us (my bday was celebrated and so was my DS). After dinner went out the dock and just looked around waiting for the boat, it was really nice. We got back to the room about 1030 and went to bed, we were all worn out from traveling.

Suz36
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a great start! Can I be nosy and ask what the personal triumph is? And what was your surprise gift? Details, details!!

cmshelton1979
05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a great start! Can I be nosy and ask what the personal triumph is? And what was your surprise gift? Details, details!!

Our personal triumph is that we are having another baby. The pin they give you says "I'm celebrating".

My gift was a poster 10x13 size, it is the "vision (http://www.disneystore.com/vision-walt-disney-world-resort-poster-petite-print-size/mp/1258188/1000275/?CMP=KNC-DSSGoogle)"

Suz36
05-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Congrats!

My DH once surprised me with the "Magic" poster - I might have to add the "Vision" one to my wish list!

mouseketeer mom
05-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Another baby! Thats fantastic!!
How did your kids like Yachtsman? We've never tried it, and are thinking of it for July. What was the atmosphere like?

cmshelton1979
05-23-2011, 10:18 PM
To be honest they were not as impressed as my wife and I were. I liked the fact that they made me remove my ball cap, no hats for the men in the dining area.

The food was absolutely fantastic!!! I recommend this place, this is now a place that we will be eating everytime, along with Artist Point.