PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair use

ljgirl
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello,
My DD is in a wheel chair with a broken foot. At the parks will we go through the regular lines or are there wheel chair entrances?

Thanks!

CanadianWDWFan
03-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I am going to move this to the Guests with Special Needs forum. You should get some answers there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
On one of our trips, we had my Mom with us, who uses an ECV while at Disney. Almost all the lines are integrated, so she could just wait with us. In the few cases where you have to use a different entrance, the CM at the entrance told us where to go, so we weren't left wondering.

peemagg
03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
You can also go to guest relations at each park (or possible the concierge desk at your resort) and get special disability maps that outlines what you do at each ride.

Most lines in AK, DHS, and Epcot are mainstreamed. Meaning you stay in the same line as everyone else. Mk has the most lines that have different access.

steamboat willy
05-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Depending on the person's abilities, can they get out of chair, can they take a few steps or walk a short distance, can they step up and down as required on certain rides will determine what rides and what vehicle one takes.
The Cast Members are the KEY to where you go and what entrance is used. There are entrances used by my wife who is also in a wheelchair and their are certain ride vehicles that allow one to stay in their chair. Everyone normally starts in the same line. Their is a side entrance that a cast member will direct you to for example Spaceship Earth. There is another entrance where they actually STOP the cars to load and unload special needs guest at the Haunted Mansion, Small world, Buzz Light Years and The Great Movie Ride among others have a special vehicle that allows you to stay in your chair.

Disney is the best place for accessibility.

ransam
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Most rides have a wheelchair entrance and are pretty clearly marked. and most rides have someone that will also be able to show you the best way to get on and off a ride.