PDA

View Full Version : I have questions… Almost at my 180 day mark and staying Club level

luvDaMouse
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
We are staying at AKV club level for our 25th anniversary on Oct 9th through the 15th. (This is following a 3day Bahamas cruise on the Dream) I am so excited!:yay: We were going to make it just a trip for the both of us but we both decided that we wanted our 2 daughters there with us (it’s a good thing I booked a 1 bedroom) It will be much more fun with them there (they are 19 and 22) They will not be joining us on the cruise but they will fly down on the 9th. Now my questions… I have never stayed CL before so I have been reading up as much as I can about it. I usually book any ADRS I want myself but I was thinking about have the Concierge make my ressies. How do you usually do this? Give them dates, times and restaurants? What about the sunrise safari? I want to do MNSSHP also; I have no idea what the party dates are yet should I just make the ones I know I want and leave out some till the party dates are out? Its crazy, I have some big time control issues and it’s hard to leave things up to someone else:unsure:. Is there anything else I should know about staying CL? I want to take advantage of everything that is available to me! Who knows if I will ever be able to do it again! :blush:

Thanks in advance for any help!
Dana:mickey:

marlaine
03-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Last year was the first time we stayed CL (Poly) and it was scarey for me to let them do my ADRs for me. Everything was perfect, and I got every place I wanted, and the times too! I just did mine for this year today. My 180 day is this Tuesday. The IPO will e-mail you a form asking for your info and requests. Then you just fax it back to them. So easy! We attend MNSSHP every year, but I have always bought the tickets online myself. Not sure if they can do that for you. They will also make your Safari reservation for you.
I have found the CL CMs are wonderful! It was really hard for me to relinquish the control the first time, but I'm really glad I did. You will be too!
Have a great vacation!!!

TammiMcMan
03-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Just want to point out, that the Poly is very consistent sending out their itinerary planner and contacting guests, but the other resorts, not so much. In fact, not all resorts utilize a planning form. Some, you just drop them an email or call them with your requests.

You don't have to wait for them to get in touch with you. If you know what ADR's you want, or reservations for shows, spa, tours, etc. you can call or email and they'll note them in their computer system. When the booking window opens up, they'll put you in.

jmj18
03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I agree, we had wonderful service at the Poly as far as helping with ressies and such. We didn't have the same experience at the Contemporary with Club Level...as a matter of fact, they were the pits!

I guess it just depends on the resort.

Have a great time!

:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi Dana,
I'm not a huge fan of utilizing the club level staff for my ADR's. Mostly, because I really LIKE doing them. Its part of the fun for me. But, I have used them prior to check in to book things like the parties, or dinner shows or tours. Or to get our Magical Express in order. Or to arrange in room surprises for the various BD's we were celebrating.
I wanted to say though, when we stayed Club Level at AK a few years ago, our room was so incredibly far from the lounge, it was a hike and a half. No where near convenient to get to. We didn't use the lounge nearly as much as we do at the Poly, or when we stayed club at the Beach Club. It just wasn't easy. We did use that club level to book our Sunrise Safari though. That was a fun experience, very early though!!! They weren't kidding when they said Sunrise! So, I wanted to say, you might want to request a room that might be nearer to the lounge. It might be more fun that way!

KatieDuck22
03-12-2011, 09:10 PM
well if you feel more comfortable doing your own ADR's it wouldn't' be a problem. If you get there and decide you want to get another ressie just ask! youll def have an advantage getting one! the view form the club level is exciting and the zebra cookies they serve are insanely wonderful. it's been yrs since we've stayed as at that resort and we are all still talking about the zebra cookies!

mouse2508
03-12-2011, 09:26 PM
First, congratulations on your 25th!!! :party:

Next, we stayed @ AKL CL last May, however we elected to make all our own rese's; like others, it was our first time on CL and we weren't certain all the ameneties, aside from snacks/beverages throughout the day & evening.

We did use CL to book the Sunrise Safari, and I highly recommend this experience! :number1: We took our 2 DS (14 and 11) and the Safari was incredible; I simply cannot put into words how much fun it was to learn about how experienced is the Disney staff and how they work closely with other zoos/wildlife parks across the country (maybe one near you :thumbsup: ).

Have fun, and congratulations again :congrats:

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
We've been staying at the Poly CL for 11+ years and always used the IPO. Never failed us and almost always within 15 minutes of requested times. Added bonus is not getting up early at the 180 day point for ADRs.

They have been able to book anything we want. They email us a form that can be filled out electronically. We put all of our itinerary, ADR plans, other show etc reservation requests and our room requests and email it back. Once they have things arranged they email back with all of the confirmation numbers. So, we get to do all the planning and let them do the grunt work.