PDA

View Full Version : Mini golf

motherof4
03-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Has anyone ever played disney's mini golf I know there is two of them and which one is better. How do you get there with disney buses for each one?

Jillirose
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Fantasia Gardens mini golf is one directly across the street from the Dolphin. So, take the bus to Dolphin (it's on the BC route) or if you're at Epcot or DHS, you could take the boat or walk to the Dolphin and then walk through the pool area to the mini golf.

We haven't done it, but it looks great! My nephews and nieces loved it.

DebK
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
We like Winter Summerland. Just take the bus to Blizzard Beach and it is right next door to the water park.....

cajunmickey
03-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Have done winter summer land and really enjoyed it.

Janmac
03-13-2011, 12:24 AM
There are two mini-golf areas - the Fantasia one near the Dolphin, as previous posters have said. And there's Winter Summerland near Blizzard Beach, as other posters have said.

There is a little bit less walking to do to go to Winter Summerland. When we went to Fantasia there were no signs telling us where the mini-golf was.

The Fantasia mini-golf has two courses - one is really miniature golf, with short almost no fairways, a tee off place and the putting green areas. We didn't play that course. We did play the themed Fantasia mini-golf course which is more typical mini-golf. The theming is geared toward the movie, but is toned down. We had fun here but we only went once.

Winter Summerland has theming that kinda goes along with Blizzard Beach. There are two courses, a Winter course and a Summer course. Both times we went, the second course was 50% off. You can choose to do either Winter or Summer, you don't have to do a particular one first.

Winter has a lot of "snow" theming while the Summer course is sand and water. The theming is over the top with lots of fun things - visual puns and gags. We had more fun taking photos than golfing and the golfing is a hoot.

We also tend to goof off a lot because the theming is so much fun. :D

Jan

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Our favourite is the winter side of wintersummerland near Blizzard Beach.

We had never played mini-golf at Disney before our last trip, and we had a complete BLAST!

KatieDuck22
03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
I really liked the wintersummer golf thing but the whole christmas thing is odd to me when its april and i just escaped the whole winter thing. Its alot of fun though! fantasmic mini golf is also super magical of course. For kids wintersummer golf. for older people i would do fantasmic at night cuz they have light effects. but then again its good either way you cut it and its fun to try something besides a park!

DCDisney
03-15-2011, 12:10 PM
If you have a true golfer in your group who is practically insulted when asked to play mini-golf, then the Fantasia Fairways may appeal to them. It's got "bunkers" (cream colored carpet) and long, winding fairways. Even for 2 regular golfers like myself and SO, it was quite a challenge ! You could always split up at Fantasia Gardens and send the "real" golfers to the Fairways side, and the mini-golf lovers to the other side.

magicalmom
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
We've done both - I prefer Fantasia

ShinynewJB
03-17-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm gonna try and hit up the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf course on my next trip because it looks great and we've never done either of them before.

It's been said to get the bus to the Swan/Dolphin and walk over, but I just have a couple of questions:

With it not being a "Disney" hotel, do the busses run as regularly to the Swan/Dolphin? And also, what label should I be looking for on the bus? "Swan/Dolphin" or "Beach Club" or something?

Thanks!

DAWS
05-18-2011, 11:46 PM
We have done both, and have enjoyed both. However, we prefer Winter Summerland - the theming is just so incredible. Seeing Santa and his elves on vacation is just so well done. We have taken our annual Christmas photo in the sleigh that is in front. All throughout the course are wonderful photo opportunities.

I would agree that the Fantasia course offers a more authentic, challenging golfing experience...

EpcotFan182
05-19-2011, 12:35 AM
I've done Fantasia Gardens and had a great time - I'm yet to try Winter Summerland but want to!

yjgirl32
05-19-2011, 08:24 AM
ANother vote for the Winter/Summer theme. Loved it.

goofy-4-disney
05-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Having played at both mini-golf places, I prefer Fantasia Gardens over winter/summer. It's not hard to find as its very close to the Dolphin. Makes for a nice night when you go have Epcot and Boardwalk within close walking distance after you are finished with your round.

Tink#64
05-23-2011, 12:24 AM
A few years ago we took a boat from DHS to the Dolphin & walked across the property & played at Fantasia Gardens and we loved it! The theming is just so cute, we took alot of pics! This year for something new, we're going to try Winter Summerland, I'm just not sure wish theme to choose! :confused:

SusieQ
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Fantasia's really good fun and a great way to pass some time if you avoid the midday sun! There's very little shade so pick your time carefully

DNS
06-14-2011, 03:45 PM
We have played Fantasia Gardens a few times and the winter part Winter Summerland. We like Fantasia best. We find it to be much more challenging.

brivers222
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
What are their open times for these?

i played winter summerland almost 11 years ago now (yikes) because it came with our AAA package... now its back with our MYW pacakge so we may try out Fantasia. Glad to know its right near Boardwalk area.