PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Bus Service

Nascfan
03-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi folks. Doing a little research for a future trip and was wondering about POFQ bus service. Specifically, it shares with POR, correct? And if so, how do the pick-ups and drop-offs go? Is POFQ first on/first off, or do they stop at POR first or somewhere in the middle?
Also, how are the queues set up for the different parks? Do you have actual lines like Values or is it one big milling around area like deluxes? Are the queues covered? (thought I saw that somewhere)
Where is the food court/refillable drink area in relation to the bus queues? I know with Pop for example, it's basically right there after getting off the bus, while AKL's isn't anywhere close to the bus stops. If anyone can give me a similarity comparison, that would be greatly appreciated.
Lots of questions, I know, but thanks for any and all help!

cajunmickey
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
We stayed at POFQ last May. I really enjoyed the size of the resort. Everything seems close. The busses only shared with riverside once while we were there. They picked us up first than went around the loop of riverside after. The busses pick up to the front right of the lobby. The waiting area is covered, But there are no roped off lines like the AS. There are two awnings I don't remember the order but two parks shared each awning.Never had trouble with crowds and lines. I even had My mother in a wheelchair and had no problems.
The food court is just off the lobby to the right. We stayed in building 6 and really liked it. I found every thing to be really easy to get to.:mickey:

dismommy
03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Bus boarding/waiting at the POFQ is relatively easy-covered bus stop 2 parks to an are, no roped off lines but crowd never really out of control. The only time I remember going through the riverside loop is if you go at off hours and I never had to wait for a second bus. Also what always surprises me although it should be a common courtesy is that once the bus is in sight people line up in an orderly fashion so there really is no problem even thought the rope line don't exist.:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-12-2011, 04:26 PM
1) POFQ & POR share buses ONLY during daily slow periods.
2) During prime time morn and eve hours, POFQ is by itself.

#1donaldfan
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Riverside has 4 bus depots which are all covered "milling areas", just like you'd see at say WL......the food court filling stations are in the main building maybe 150 yards from the "main" depot....... busses are shared, however not all the time, but if shared your not dropped off in the middle, you are dropped off at your respective resort.......hopefully I have come close to answering your questions....:cool:

Tinkerbella16
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
I guess it all depends on when you go. When we stayed at POFQ during our last visit to wdw, we never shared busses with POR the entire week were there. The year before that we stayed at POR and we never shared busses with FQ the whole week we were there. We go in November, when the crowds are very light.. the week between Jersey Week & Thanksgiving and we still never shared busses with the other resort.

If they do end up sharing, POFQ is picked up first then it goes to POR. There are 4 stops at POR...which takes more time, but its a huge resort just like the other mods. Thats why I loved FQ so much. Its so small and quiet and everything seems close no matter where your room is. Maybe you will luck out and not have to share busses, but if you do then you will know that FQ gets picked up first and dropped off first! :mickey:

lindique
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I would like to add that the Downtown Disney bus is always shared between French Quarter and Riverside. And, that bus does the route in reverse - French Quarter is last. :bus:

#1donaldfan
03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I would like to add that the Downtown Disney bus is always shared between French Quarter and Riverside. And, that bus does the route in reverse - French Quarter is last. :bus:

True !! That's why we always take the boat to and from Dtd, it's way faster !!! That's the longest bus ride to any attraction !!:cool: