PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 2/26-3/7

jane52
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
My husband and I left Toledo Friday evening 2/24 to avoid a huge snow storm headed our way. We got to the Orlando area and spent 2 nights offsite and checked into POP on 2/27. POP was OK but we were only there for 3 nights and moved over to the Dolphin. All I can say is location, location, location!! It was great to be able to walk to the Studios, Epcot and we walked through Epcot and caught the monorail to MK. The Dolphin was very nice and the staff was exceedingly friendly.I did miss the little Disney touches but not enough to give up the location. We had an annual pass rate and it ended up costing us about $195(resort fee and parking) a night.We spent alot of time on the Boardwalk and walking through the other resorts there.

Parks were in good shape and we didn't encounter one rude castmember. Actually except for a family that tried to push in front of us at a parade, we didn't encounter anyone rude or misbehaving. Crowds were low to moderate and we walked into several resturants. Walked into Cat Cora but it was for breakfast. It was very good. Ate at the Captains Grille at the Yachet club, Wolfgang Puck and Via Napoli and we walked into all of them. We did have a reservation at the new Mexican place to watch Illuminations. The fireworks were beautiful, but we weren't impressed with the food. You could tell it was all about the show.

Weather was perfect, low 80's to high 70's, but it did cool down at night. Rained one morning but that was it. Even got to play Fantasia golf for the first time. It is right across the street from the Swan and Dolphin and it was alot of fun. With an annual pass, you basically buy one/ get one ticket free.

All in all a fabulous trip. We are planning another trip in October to get use of our annual pass and Tables in Wonderland card. We will stay at the Swan or Dolphin again we liked it that much. I highly recommend going this time of year especially if you live up north. It was great to get away from the dreary snow and ice and gray skies.

KylesMom
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Thank goodness you escaped just in time. Aren't snow events getting tiring this winter?

Sounds like your stay at Dolphin was a delightful one. Good to hear also that CMs and guests alike were all friendly, and that you enjoyed your dining experiences. 70's and 80's as far as temperatures sound like absolute heaven right now . . . :cloud9:

Too cool that you're going to be returning so soon! :cool: Thanks for sharing!

faline
03-11-2011, 04:54 PM
It's very nice to already have another trip planned! I've never stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin so was quite interested in what you had to say about these resorts.

Jillirose
03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
:ditto:

Loved the Dolphin, and great time to get away from the long, long, gray winter. First time staying at the Dolphin - we are planning to return there next February.

DisneyorBust
03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the report! I know that I have had enough of the snow, DW and I need a bit of Florida sunshine!

pdrlkr
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: