PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else done a cruise alone?

sara114
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, everyone I talk to thinks I am nuts ! I have booked a 4 night cruise and am going alone. Will be doing a couple of days at a resort without going into the park. (this may change, depends on money situtation)
My questions are.....
#1 - do you find yourself wishing you had someone to talk to?

#2 - do they try and seat single guests with families at dinner? or do they sit all singles together?

#3 - what is the best thing about going alone?:confused:

Ed
03-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, apparently nobody here has done a solo cruise. :shrug:

Off the top of my head, the major advantage I can think of is the complete freedom to do what you want, when you want, without having to be concerned about your companion's wishes or needs.

We have always cruised as part of a group, so I really can't answer the question about dinner seating, but I don't recall seeing anyone seated totally alone.

Donald_Quackers
03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I've cruised solo, hope this helps.

Well, everyone I talk to thinks I am nuts ! I have booked a 4 night cruise and am going alone. Will be doing a couple of days at a resort without going into the park. (this may change, depends on money situtation)
My questions are.....
#1 - do you find yourself wishing you had someone to talk to?

Nope. Many people nearby were more than happy to converse with me, though. My cruise was the last Mousefest cruise in 2008 so that probably helped.

#2 - do they try and seat single guests with families at dinner? or do they sit all singles together?

I was seated with a newlywed couple, another married couple and another single cruiser. Everyone was pleasant to speak to except the other single cruiser, who was kinda quiet, so I respected her privacy.

#3 - what is the best thing about going alone?

Being able to go around the parks/ship on your own schedule and not being tied to anyone else's, but with Mousefest going on, there were some scheduled events they were putting on that I went to.

I also remember seeing on the navigator a singles mixer, but I missed it (I forget what I missed it for).

kms1066heb
04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I did the Western Caribbean December 2009 alone. It was fantastic! If I wanted to chat with people, there were plenty of adults in the adult areas to chat with. I had the second seating at dinner and was seated with other single travelers. I ended up spending my evenings after dinner with my table mates. I never felt alone or wished I had someone traveling with me. I think the best thing about traveling as a single was keeping my own schedule, doing what I wanted when I wanted and just enjoying the whole experience.

Have a great time! You're going to love it!